Carlos Correa Interview-Athletic

Spot on. Finally.

Love it.

My one hope thru this was for a few principled figures to emerge.

AJ and Altuve will do nicely.

Fuck the Dodgers.
Fuck the Yankees.
Fuck the Red Sox.

The Astros are 2017 WS Champs, bitches.

4 Likes

Carlos has gone from a weirdish phony to the most real standup guy on the team basically over night.

3 Likes

True.

If Crane had come out immediately after the ruling and said, You know what, I hire the best people I can and back off and let them do their jobs, but I’m the owner here and ultimately, the responsibility is mine, and I accept it, and I’ll obviously have to be more hands-on going forward, and then said in owner-speak more or less what Carlos said, well, that would have gone a long way towards putting this to bed.

But Crane is obviously the sort of shithead who can’t take responsibility for anything and is a blistering fuckwit when it comes to PR in crisis situations so fuck him, he and his organization get to own all the bullshit that every semi-literate basement dweller on Twitter wants to fling out there.

1 Like

Correa on Fiers:

There’s your new leader in the clubhouse.

2 Likes

As someone else said, finally. Again, I agree with chuck. Crane’s cowardice and desperate attempt to suck up to Manfred have made this infinitely worse.

Good for Carlos. I hope others follow his lead.

More from Carlos, on the Yankees:

“They scored one run in the first game, one run in the second game, they scored one run in Game 6 and they scored no runs in Game 7. If you expect to win with three runs in four games, you’re out of your mind.“

Correa is killing it today, just like he did earlier this week when the team arrived in Florida and initially addressed the media.

Happy to see it.

1 Like

Agree with all. Honestly, I never knew Correa as a/the leader, despite the fact he was the highest profile draftee during the tanking years, esp. after the Appel fiasco, and despite the fact SS is often a leadership position. Correa has massively elevated in my eyes.

I’m guessing he will get a standing ovation before his first AB each home game for awhile. Many in Houston will want to praise him for his courage.

Footer:

“ It’s probably worth noting Carlos Correa is one of the smartest players on the Astros roster. Just from a brain-power standpoint, he rises above most. He’s dissecting multiple elements of this saga without as much of a pause in this MLB Network interview. Not surprising.”

More from Carlos, on the Yankees:

“They scored one run in the first game, one run in the second game, they scored one run in Game 6 and they scored no runs in Game 7. If you expect to win with three runs in four games, you’re out of your mind.“

1 Like

Hey, Rosenthal: how about trumpeting this to the masses?

1 Like

Rosenthal for Pulitzer? Does ESPN gives journalism awards too?

1 Like

It moved

1 Like

Hell fucking yeah Carlos. I love love love his shitting all over Bellinger. Fuck em all

Rosenthal vs Passan in Thunderdome

Any looksees at this for those of us outside the paywall?

The entire interview is free on Youtube: