Bracket Challenge

Theoretically, they should be ok against Rutgers without him. His being able to go in the Sweet 16 after a week of rest/rehab would be a very good thing.

1 Like
1 Like

Damn! The Longhorns canā€™t throw a pea in the ocean! Theyā€™re destroying my bracket!

So do the boosters look at the coach who just won their first Big 12 tournament or the coach who hasnā€™t won a single NCAA tournament game?

What an entirely annoying game in every possible way.

1 Like

There goes my dream of an all Big XII Final Four.

That was literally the most predictable thing Iā€™ve ever seen.

NO changes in gameplan all, no adjustments to the double teams, no attempts to play inside out.

Fucking garbage, from about the 4-minute mark until the end of the game.

Iā€™m done with Smart.

3 Likes

For 5 years weā€™ve watched his inability to run any sort of structured offense; me, idiot that I am, thought that they had the backcourt experience and the NBA-level frontcourt talent to actually do something fun. I was very wrong.

2 Likes

Oh he won tourney games at VCU, thatā€™s how he got this job.

The players love him, but that only goes so far.

Being a lovable loser is for Chicago sports fans.

Losing once to a lower rated seed happens, but Shaka has made a career of it.

2 Likes

They did win the NIT, you know.

How much cash does it take to pry Chris Beard out of Lubbock?

A whole lot of money. Tech has totally bought in to Beard (whose Alma mater is both ACU and UT) and last year extended him for 6 years at a figure that made him the third highest paid college basketball coach in the country.

1 Like

The had the backcourt experience, but that backcourt (Jones excepted) shat the bed, rolled around in the soiled sheets, then flung the sheets against the walls to see what Jackson Pollack shit creation resulted.

1 Like

The only good thing about that game was that it was late, so it didnā€™t ruin an otherwise fun day of hoops.

Well, he won games in 2011. Since thenā€¦

2012: #12 seed, beat #5 in the first round, lost to #4 in the second round
2013: #5 seed, beat #12 in the first round, lost to #4 in second round
2014: #5 seed, lost to #12 in the first round
2015: #7 seed, lost to #10 in the first round
2016: #6 seed, lost to #11 in the first round
2017: Did not make tournament
2018: #10 seed, lost to #7 in the first round
2019: Did not make tournament
2020: ------
2021: #3 seed, lost to #14 in the first round

If Smart were a football coach, heā€™d have been gone four years ago.

Most upsets occur when the better team has a shitty shooting night and the underdog seemingly scores every possession. That ACU win was an exception. Texas just played worse than ACU.

ACU - FG 29.9%, 3FG 16.7%, Off Reb 18, TO 11
UT - FG 45%, 3FG 35%, Off Reb 5, TO 23

Yep, itā€™s been painful for UT hoops fans, both watching his mess and knowing itā€™s not going to change.

This.

1 Like

And down goes the first #1 seed. Loyola takes Illinois to the woodshed 71-58. And it wasnā€™t that close.