Baseball Miscellany

Fair point. I was thinking television show, but Who’s On First is about as good as it gets.

I think the Key and Peele Substitute Teacher bit probably falls in there somewhere as well.

2 Likes

You know, there have been many Cabrera’s to play the game, and maybe we should draw on that to refine our takes. Maybe a minor transgression should be an “Eny Cabrera”, while a whopper could be a “Miguel Cabrera”. Something like that.

Before I get Cabrera’d myself I’ll point out that it was Eny Cabreja.

1 Like

I just discovered there are Eny Cabreja cards available on eBay, and you can bet I already bought one.

2 Likes

Enybody could have gotten that – maybe the error was deliberate?

1 Like

A deliberate error is called a Dante Bichette.

2 Likes

You done messed up, Mrak

1 Like
1 Like

Meathead:

It’s a fake account tweeting out a fake story. Am I missing the joke here?

Dammit

No it’s not.

2 Likes

Could someone with a Chron subscription summarize this article?

Early Altuve would let his natural ability get hits on bad balls. Last season’s Altuve was way too in love with the long ball. “I’m looking for more consistency and I think trying to be productive — walking more, getting on base more. Not just trying to hit homers is going to help me a lot,” Altuve said Friday. “The situation of the game dictates (it). Sometimes you have to get on base, try to get (a runner) over. If I just think like that, it’s probably going to be better for me and more productive for the team.”’

If he pulls it off, that should make everyone here happy.

4 Likes

Impossible

4 Likes

If he pulls it off, he’ll hit .400

3 Likes

Don’t tell me how to feel

4 Likes

As much as I hated the Braves and Cubs, Maddux was fun to watch (when he wasn’t facing Houston).