Baseball Miscellany

His response:

2 starters traded today. More to come. So at least they’ll get worse

I actually think the 62 Mets are in danger

Imagine if they trade Crochet and/or Robert.

At this point I’m sure they will if they can get decent prospects. They appear to be totally dismantling the current roster for prospects in hopes of returning to relevance in 3 or 4 years. Ala the Orioles or Astros.

1 Like

Dave Parker might be my favorite non-HOF great player. Those hats & jerseys might be the best ever.

2 Likes

I saw Kent Tekulve play left field in the Dome once.

3 Likes

One of Chuck Tanner’s son’s, Mark, lived next door to one of my co-workers back in 1976-77. They were friends and both moved to Houston because there were no jobs to be had in Pittsburgh.

Chisox have lost 20 in a row.

Well, they are in town for 3 at the start of next home stand. I sure hope our offense wakes up before then.

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

That may be the most “Baseball Miscellany”-ist post ever.

1 Like

4 Likes

Stop trying to confuse us with actual data, Jim. We all know the Hader signing was a disaster that is costing us a chance at the playoffs.

One if the unexplained mysteries of baseball is how poorly some closers pitch in non-save situations.

Espada has decided 4 runs and not 3 is the typical lead to use Hader and also uses him in tie games as well as those still within reach.

1 Like
2 Likes

Win or lose, and much like the late beloved Houston Oilers (rot in hell in perpetuity, bud fucking adams :fu:t2:), I’ve loved the Houston Astros baseball club since the age of 5 (going on 45 years now if we’re doing public math).

I hope we make it interesting down the stretch and continually to piss off all the haters.

Breathing Orange Fire since 1962.

Luv ya Orange.

Let’s go Astros.

3 Likes

I hate Manfred so much. He keeps fucking with things he shouldn’t.

12 Likes