Baseball Miscellany

Hunter Wendelstedt, everybody!

3 Likes

The AristocratUmps!

I got a T one time coaching a Brenham JV basketball game as follows.:

Wilson Whitley was on the JV team as a freshman, and he was the nicest, most mild-mannered, most polite kid there could be. He did NOT mouth off in games ever, and was “yes sir, no sir” to everyone.

One day he was the victim of a bad foul call, and immediately the ref also called a technical on him. I did not believe he would do something to warrant a technical so I called the ref over and asked what Wilson did.

Ref: “Coach, he told me that was a bad call.”
Me: “Well, you’d better give me one too because I agree with him.”

He did.

8 Likes

In relation to Boone getting heaved earlier, Yankees and A’s are heading to the top of the 9th in Oakland tied at 0.

Edited, had the home and visitors flipped.

And now it’s 2-0 A’s and they’re still threatening.

To the bottom of the 9th, 2-0 Sacramindy.

1 Like

Volpe down on a 103 MPH fastball off the outside corner he couldn’t lay off of.

Soto tardy on 102 at the top of the zone, ponche! 2 outs.

Judge an hour late on 1-2 right down the pipe.

Mason Miller strikes out the side hitting 102/103 easy.

Ballgame!

1 Like

“Anyone ever tell you that you look like a penis with that little hat on?..no, no…you misunderstood me…I can’t believe no one ever called you that before” - Jimmy Dugan.

It is clear that Boone has been working on his ventriloquism skills

1 Like

This was my daughter’s excuse when she yelled out “hit him!” in Adolis Garcia’s first AB.

2 Likes

Ohtani comes to bat in the first inning at Toronto under a chorus of jilted boos. He promptly homers.

Nice fake out by Arkansas centerfielder.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1784330501068624323

Wow.

I was watching that game at a bar (no sound) and “live” it looked like inexcusably bad bad base coaching/running.

This Rays city connect hat is wonderful.

1 Like

I don’t care for the colors, but the logo of the Skyway merged into the ray is pretty dang cool.

Despite the fact that Baseball America called him a righty in the tweet - you got see Matt “Tugboat” Wilkinson (6’1" 270 LHP)- 15Ks in 6IP

1 Like