Baseball Miscellany

The Orioles should be ahead of the Yankees in odds, and I’d put them above the Phillies, too. However, I wouldn’t them put ahead of the Braves with their pitching question marks. Corbin Burnes is great, but Kyle Bradish is currently trying PRP on his sprained UCL, and John Means has yet to begin ramping up this spring after having more elbow issues flare up at the end of last season. I wouldn’t take them over a healthy Astros’ team, either.

1 Like

Even if the treatment results in pain free throwing motion, he is still sitting on a time bomb once he resumes pitching.

2 Likes

Agreed. Very few pitchers have PRP injections for a UCL sprain and keep pitching for a long time without needing surgery. Masahiro Tanaka is one of the only recent examples I can think of.

This is awesome

3 Likes

LAD.were available at +450 seven days ago which was value for a monster team. They have come in 100 points since then.

Cease to the Padres

I thought they were in sell mode. This helps them finish what, 38 games out instead of 40 games out to the Dodgers?

1 Like

I guess he’ll be traded?

I’ll take it. Rumors had him close to going to the Rangers.

3 Likes

Preller trades like a man under the influence of a rich cocktail of competing substances. You never know what mood will strike.

If you locked Preller and Dipoto in a room together for 24 hours I wonder how many players would change teams

1 Like

All of them would. But how many would end up back on their original teams?

3 Likes

Haven’t been paying attention to ST, so I had no idea that reviewing/challenging balls and strikes was a thing

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1768423494931345444

…and yes, fuck Jomboy and all

They’ve been trying it out in the minors. This is one of the “Spring Breakout” prospect games, to my knowledge it isn’t being used in MLB spring games.

Ah, gotcha, thanks

That was pretty cool. Some kinks to work out, of course. Imagine how the Braves dynasty of the 1990’s would have been different with such a system in place.

3 Likes

@JimR…this made me think of you:

Thanks, Lefty. I wish I had known about this in time to see it. I saw the Ryan documentary at SxSW.

Oh it’s still gonna be around

I know. I meant at Sx

1 Like