Baseball Miscellany

Why?

Uh, if this is a serious question it’s because Frontline on PBS is widely known for its creative reporting and investigative journalism. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and watch their documentary.

Timed for the World Series. I find the Frontline content to reflect conventional wisdom, so a franchise flaying is in order and likely expected.

Why? What do you expect to learn?

I will watch it with the expectation it will be (as the tease said) colored by the book. I am curious about the “how it changed the sport” part.

1 Like

Pitch com.

Moving on.

There is no way that I would watch that garbage.

1 Like

Crap. ESPN reporting that the Mets will be hiring Stearns.

Biggest question: does Crane see Stearns as unique, or does he still want to bring in a POBO?

Oh, good grief, Holmes walks three straight Boston hitters to load the bases against the Yankees with one out in the bottom of the 9th down by a run. Verdugo comes up, SWINGS AT THE FIRST DAMN PITCH, and grounds into a game-ending DP. What a moron.

Cagey Ranger Mitch Garver tricks Jays pitcher leading to a balk, run scored.

1 Like

I would have used up a lot of guesses before landing on Andruw Jones as the previous Braves’ single-season HR leader.

1 Like

I’ll admit I hadn’t heard about Jake Powell until reading this during lunch:

3 Likes

Wow, had never read about that either. What a despicable POS. What an ending to his tale.

I hadn’t heard of him either what a shit-fucker, but I will shamefully use him next time I need NYY/Twin in the immaculate grid game.

1 Like

Seriously what a horrible human being.

I wonder if there will ever a square for the racist fuckwits various teams shared.

I know who is going in my Astros Rays/Tigers/Oriolies/Giants square

2 Likes

John Rocker wants to play.

Harry the (pointy) Hat Walker.

He was just following his big brother Dixie’s racist lead.