Baseball Miscellany

Ok, no doubt family members rush to judgment.

Oh, I know. I was just giving my (limited) experience. 38 is not a statistically significant number of examples to apply to the overall US population. I had the opportunity to work with the FBI Violent Crimes Against Children Unit on a few of these cases and the stories they tell are 1) horrific and 2) breathtaking in the scale and scope of how deeply entrenched child exploitation is here in American society. Parents that are not aggressively managing their kids online presence and social interactions are abdicating one of their primary responsibilities to keep their kids safe and are leaving them to the wolves that are literally circling them in their everyday lives.

3 Likes

There was an awesome inside the park HR for the Rays a second ago…one of the crazier bounces off the wall you’ll see

eta: here’s the vid

https://twitter.com/RaysBaseball/status/1691921853638688852

Wall and then top of the wall with some force!

Amazing!
Where was the LFer?

Giants announcers said a bit later that nobody they’d talked to had seen a ball do that

110.6 MPH off the bat
425 ft
According to baseball savant - it is a HR in all 30 parks, just not the way you would expect it to be in SF apparently.

2 Likes

[deleted for complete wrongness]

1 Like

Here’s the map of the fielders on the play.

4 Likes

That looked like a golf ball scooting away.

1 Like

TY, AAndy!

You know, this Outman guy for the Dodgers is pretty fucking good.

1 Like

Cole got knocked around for 6 ER and the loss today, and I’m not sure I’ll be able dry my eyes in time to watch the Astros game.

4 Likes

Does that count a full game for the Yankees in the standings or do they split it with Team Boras?

2 Likes

Dodger Stadium is not looking too good right now.

Some scary flooding scenarios in that region.

They can have a McCovey’s Cove setup and rent out boating space

Interesting. Never change, Arlington fans.

https://twitter.com/CodifyBaseball/status/1694405562958762408?s=20

2023 home games with attendance of 30,000+:

66 NYY
65 STL
64 SD LAD ATL
63 HOU
56 PHI
54 CHC
52 BOS
50 TOR
42 NYM
39 TEX LAA
37 COL
36 SF
33 SEA MIL
21 CIN
16 CLE
14 MIN BAL
12 ARI
10 PIT
9 WSH
8 DET
7 CWS
5 MIA
2 KC
1 TB OAK

Impressive showing by the New York and St. Louis cults with the way their teams are playing this year…

How sad for Tampa Bay.

4 Likes