Baseball Miscellany

It’s pretty funny to see MLB.com’s headline as “The Braves and the Dodgers are who we thought they were - the best two teams in the NL”, when everyone and their mother fell all over the Padres as the NL West pick.

Meet the Mets, greet the Mets, step right up and fuck the Mets

5 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen, CB Bucknor…

https://twitter.com/UmpScorecards/status/1661017611956797453

Without clicking, I’m gonna guess that this was not a perfect umpiring game.

Now to confirm …

… and holy shit.

2 Likes

I hear this in the same voice as “… the Aristocrats!”

2 Likes

How aggravating that must have been for the pitchers to loose that entire top left corner of the zone.

It’s like the ump, or the pitcher had a stroke!

Pitching Ninja’s observation about this chart was amazing!

2 Likes

I still don’t prefer tech. Holding umpires responsible is crucial. Umpire I ion support them when the umpires can barely see?

You’ve given us all something to think about.

3 Likes

What if we used tech to judge umpires? We all know umpires who are so incompetent. Groan when umpiring, especially in important games.

We do. You know that…right? Never mind.

2 Likes

IMHO. It is fun to question umpires. They have to have some decent judgement for the integrity of the game. Umpire inions make them near impossible to get rid of. Just saying. Some pitches are close, reasonable for questions. But that is part of game. It’s the wackadoodles who call what they want to call

Back away from the bourbon.

1 Like

What if we had pictures, but they were in MOTION! Like, you could actually see the ball moving and shit?

That would be cool.

4 Likes

We could call them…movies!

1 Like

Now let’s not say things we might regret.

Hmm bourbon, not something since college at my college sweethearts with her dad. Rarely have hard licker, occasional margarita, gin n tonic at nieces nephew. Do like beer on occasion.

Seriously. We’re not savages.