Baseball Miscellany

that is what baseball is about.

I cannot stop laughing at this:

2 Likes

This video is perfect. Just perfect

The look on his face as he says it just busts me up every fucking time.

Also, 100 percent relatable as this is exactly how it would go if I was the umpire wearing the mic.

Props to him for keeping his composer and not even acknowledging it, I would have had trouble completing the sentence because I’d be laughing at myself. What a champ

Keenan Thompson has a job after SNL, good to know

I had no idea he still existed on the internet. There was something fun or funny that reminded me of him in the past month or so.

Ex-Lake Travis kid Baty apparently tore thumb ligaments to put an end to his season.

Also, what’s up with LaRussa?

1 Like

Cover for the detox clinic visit.

1 Like

Tainted hummus and the piles.

1 Like

Saw that band live.

1 Like

Title of your sex tape?

1 Like

Noice

Angel Hernandez smacked by a judge. But he’ll still be on the field doing his thing tonight:

MLB argues that blown calls cost Angel Hernandez World Series work in pointed rebuke of his work as an umpire (yahoo.com)

2 Likes

He is on Facebook and Twitter all the time. Someone/someone pissed him off about aggy, and he left unhappy about it, I have heard. He and I are good friends, I think, and he still is a huge Astros fan. I suspect he lurks here, and he is one of several I wish would return to TZ/GZ.

3 Likes

I’m no lawyer, but that’s the most “duh” filing I’ve ever seen

1 Like

I’m no lawyer either, but it begs the question of why MLB simply will not act.

I don’t think they can. I think it’s the union’s call to make and, fittingly, they’re blowing it.

2 Likes

Again, I’m no lawyer, but I think union employees can be fired by their employer. They’ll have the union to deal with, but MLB has already pretty much emasculated the umpire’s union, and if there was ever a case to go to the mattresses, he’s it.

1 Like

Right, MLB can control the postseason assignments, but they can’t straight up fire him

ETA: or maybe they can and the optics (given his discrimination claims) are prohibitive.