Baseball games not involving the Astros

Looking like sweeps across the board.

1 Like

It appears that way. Impressive bounce back by the Diamondbacks after the Astros series to end the season.

Phillies just got a grand slam to make it 7-0

It will be interesting to see when homegrown stars like Correa and Springer are on the slight downward trend and looking for their next contract, how interested they are in playing for the Astros to finish out their careers. High-performing teams usually have a few slots available for medium priced veteran talent.

4 Likes

The “Elite 8” of MLB is set:
Snakes vs Dodgers
Phils vs Braves

Astros vs Twins
Rangers vs Orioles

Twins fans on video chanting “We want Houston”…

The baseball version of summoning Beetlejuice.

3 Likes

Yankees fans were warning them in the comments but it may be too late.

Correa called that huge pickoff for the Twins.

Dude, HS teams do that all the time. The media is acting like that was the most astonishing play in the history of baseball.

My impression is that it was not the play itself but the timing / crucial moment of the play

I think the other thing is that while we’ve all seen pickoffs at 2B a zillion times, and we all know infielders can drive those plays, Correa’s teammates themselves seemed very impressed with the sequence in that moment—and I think it speaks to Correa’s experience in big situations, keeping his wits about him, and being used to playing and winning like the Astros do.

ETA we’ve also all seen the ball sail past the SS on that play many times, it’s risky, especially if your guys are fazed by the moment. But they executed it perfectly.

Same comment from me.

Good fucking Lord, Eddings: https://twitter.com/UmpScorecards/status/1709939495100191076

Good grief. That’s Eric Gregg territory.

I’m pretty sure I saw that Accuracy-wise this season Eddings was 87/92.

How does that get you a playoff assignment?

And Eddings isn’t even one of the dinosaurs, he’s only 55.

It’s almost as if umpire performance isn’t tied to postseason assignments.

2 Likes

Angel Hernandez on line one, sir.

6 Likes

Fucking Rangers took a 2-0 lead in the top of the fourth and the O’s got one back in the bottom. Currently 2-1 in favor of the Rangers.

Ok, so it’s baseball time now.

Let’s Go O’s

1 Like