Baseball games not involving the Astros

Not a big fan of store sauces, but these are the 2 I typically have around for ribs and chicken:

9a1916_04a0898aceaf4dd4894ba739f8f6f2b2

Mostly I just make my own, what the family always called “sop”, to baste stuff with and then if you’re so inclined add a little tomato paste and throw it in the blender.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

I’ll have to try that. I like a couple of their salsas, too. I like the Rudy’s sauce, and I like the HEB Texas-style sauce (it’s fairly peppery).

1 Like

I like Rudy’s too. Spicey Stubbs’ as well.

That’s why I like Rudy’s. I’ll have to try the HEB one.

I like Stubbs too. That’s what I generally keep around for things like chicken and ribs.

Haven’t had anything from Stubbs in a while. This seems like an excellent excuse to go buy a bunch of drumsticks and have a taste test.

Tomorrow’s Saturday, right?

Two words: chicken thighs. That’s my favorite cut of poultry to BBQ.

100% correct! And if you take the time to brine them beforehand, you’ll be slapping your Mama after you eat the finished product.

No doubt. Also my favorite (boneless & trimmed) to fry for a spicy chicken sandwich.

Only problem is that, for my fuck around find out sauce experiment, it’s hard to eat a bbq thigh with one hand while holding a beer in the other. This is the beauty of the drumstick.

Is this true? An elixir?

https://twitter.com/MLBLife/status/1711427633538285955?t=w3ov0A_xVZNgSFtfO4riAA&s=19

Mother of God.

Sounds about right

Did you win?

Yes.

What did it cost?

Everything.

I wasn’t really LOOKING for a reason to dislike the Rangers more than I just naturally do.

Creed came up in conversation the other day and I asserted that I could not name a single song of theirs and no one believed me. I did some (very) quick research and there is a song I recognize, but I wouldn’t have known whom to hold responsible.

They’re one of those bands you know are going to be awful just by their stupid ass name. And then you see a picture of them and the exact realm of awful draws much more sharply into focus. What a bunch of jackoffs. I mean, I remember what I looked like in 1992 and it was not great. But hey, how time flies, fellows, see here, let’s button up our shirts and stand a little closer to the scissors.

2 Likes

NICKELBACREEDNICKELBACREEDNICKELBACREEDNIC…

Bush and Nickleback were the first 2 that came to mind, other than Creed

I’m not sure I’d recognize much of anything from any band that debuted in the 90s. I guess I’d recognize a Nirvana or Green Day song or two. It was kind of a worthless decade.

Them’s fighting words, old timer.

1 Like

A lot of shit music in the 90s for sure but hardly worthless. The rise of Americana alone gives the decade some cred.

1 Like