Astros @ Royals, June 4, 2022

When I lived in Boston as an underage undergrad we’d always go to a Chinese seafood joint in the warehouse district where they indulged our orders for “cold tea” with Mai Tais in an opaque cup. The Mai Tai remains one of my favorite drinks.

Batgirl was screwing around with shot recipes just now, and surprisingly if you suck on a sugared lemon wedge and then shoot equal parts frangelico and vodka, it tastes exactly like chocolate cake.

2 Likes

Yeah, so that’s now on the agenda later tonight.

2 Likes

No score after three

It’s utter alchemy.

1 Like

Sounds like witchcraft.

I’ll be damned…you’re right. That is a tasty beverage.

Years ago, at the bowling alley on Bellaire by the railroad tracks, the bartender said “yall try this” and gave us a round of shots. Tasted exactly like a PB&J sandwich. All he would tell us was that there was vodka in it.

1 Like

Speaking of rum drinks, I’m also a huge fan of the Dark n Stormy.

2 Likes

You wasted no time.

Peña with an infield single. Now ruled an E1.

It’s amazing and one of those things where you need to keep trying it to believe what you just experienced.

1 Like

You can do this with Skrewball whiskey and chambord. Skrewball in coffee has revolutionized my weekends. I don’t get much accomplished, but it’s a lot of fun.

1 Like

Dark and stormy pretty standard poolside drink for me

2 Likes

There are lots of cocktail channels on YouTube, but I’ve become a fan of a fellow named Anders Erickson. His recipes are terrific.

Middle of four…no score.

They are easy as well as tasty on a warm afternoon.

My palate took it as a challenge.

2-out walk to Melendez

End of four…no score

Brantley with another hit

Bregman give it a ride to deep CF, but caught on the track