Astros @ Rays 4/24/23

Look, this is a VERY good Rays team.

But Urquidy is just teeing it up for them.

When you throw everything to one side of the plate, hitters start looking for it.

It is pointless to play the Rays right now.

Not everything. THE SAME FUCKING PITCH, A FLAT SLIDER. FIVE FUCKING TIMES IN A ROW.

1 Like

Might need 15 runs tonight

This begs the question…what exactly is the problem with McCullers and is he expected back at all?

The Rays are red hot, but Jose Urquidy continued to throw the same pitches to the same part of the zone to Lowe (changeup) and Bethancourt (sweeper). They looked for that pitch and location and made contact.

Seth Martinez in to face Margot with 2 outs and runners on first and third. Fouled back off Maldy’s mask, 0-1. Behind a fastball in the upper part of the zone, 0-2. Pickoff attempt, safe. Up and out, 1-2. Slider fouled off. Ponche on a fastball, but the damage is done.

6-3 Rays, End 3

To summarize, the Astros got Urquidy the lead 2 times in 3 innings and Urquidy shit himself in the bottom of both.

I forgot he was even still in the league.

He’s going to be pitching off a mound for the first time this week.

Shouldn’t have scored until they were into the pen.

At this rate, 15 wont be enough.

Might be enough to send it to extra innings.

Holy fuck, Diaz

Optimist.

Top 4

We just spent 20+ minutes watching Urquidy shit all over himself. It would be nice to get a run or two back.

Julks leads it off and takes a bouncer, 1-0. High lazy pop to shallow right on a fastball at the top of the zone, 1 out.

Yainer Diaz Fouls back a inside fastball, 0-1. Jesus Fuck, Diaz you slapdick. Swung at a pitch Evan Gattis would’ve spit on, 0-2. Curve, just up, 1-2. Swings at a fastball over his fucking head. Fucking moron. 2 outs.

Meyers takes a breaker in the zone, 0-1. Rips a curve foul down the LF line, quickly 0-2. Ripped on a line right at Josh Lowe in right, 3 outs.

Not even a whimper.

Middle 4, 6-3 Rays

I’m done PBPing for now. I’m too angry to sit here and watch this shit show.

Sure is a paltry crowd for a first place team that’s undefeated at home.

Yoa Ming could be at the plate and that still wouldn’t have been a strike

Hell of a catch there.

Ugh. For fuck’s sake.