Astros @ Rangers, September 5, 2023

And the Mariners need to win 2 more times than the Astros for the tie breaker to matter.

Wins are not gimme’s .

Give up. He does not understand.

The page may have been turned, at least for two games…

8 & 9 holes have delivered 5 home runs so far this series.

1 Like

Which has nothing to do with the Astros. By the math, the Astros could win every game from here on out and still finish behind the Mariners. That is not a lead. The Mariners MUST lose a at least one more game. Luckily, they have to play the Astros so the Astros have the opportunity to give them that loss. And actually, because they play each other three times it means the Astros MUST beat the Mariners TWICE to guarantee finishing ahead of them. The Astros do NOT lead the Mariners in the standings. Period. They are still a game back from being in position to finish first.

Yes, the Astros DO lead in the standings. You are correct to the degree that there is no guarantee they will stay there, but for now YES they are in first.

I understand your contention. As it is defeatist, I do not agree.

I respect what you are saying, but all you can do is win when you can, and so far Houston has more wins than Seattle. At this point in time Houston has the lead.

What happens later will be determined by how Houston and Seattle and Texas play.

What I don’t understand is how an Astros fan would not want to enjoy being in first, even with 22 games left to play.

I do want to enjoy it. When it comes.

Do you not understand how “tiebreakers” work?

The Astros cannot finish tied with the Mariners and win the division. Both teams are tied in the loss column.

We are not ahead of them, yet. 61 losses each.

This is what HH and everyone else is saying.

Well, if the world ended tonight, it would end with the Astros a game ahead of the Mariners.

Sure, but I do think this season will play out

1 Like

I sure the fuck hope so.

1 Like

Fuck the stRangers.

1 Like

Holy Fucking Christ.

This isn’t fucking difficult. Stop trying to be contrarian, you’re wrong. It’s ok to admit it.

2 Likes

I understand tie breakers only matter when two teams have the SAME RECORD

I also understand that STANDINGS look at both wins and losses and WE ARE IN FIRST PLACE RIGHT NOW.

Tie Breakers are not the issue in September. If we keep winning, they won’t matter later either.

You do a lot of swearing. Your bad temper does not make me wrong for pointing out we are in first place right now.

I am NOT saying it’s done, I am enjoying the moment.

You should try it.

Uhhhh, right

That’s why they’re called “tiebreakers”

What is the “magic number” for the Astros to win the ALWest outright?

And we are NOT tied. Looking just at losses does not mean we are tied. The wins count and we have more,

Maybe not later when the season ends but tie breakers don’t come into play unless two teams end with the same number of both wins and losses.

Turn on ESPN Sportscenter and tell me who they say is in first place.