4 Likes

Nail it down, Pressly.

Letā€™s go!

A win, itā€™s good.

How sweet it is!

Game over at 9:45 is pretty impressive.

1 Like

If that doesnā€™t tell you how times have changedā€¦

Hudson going to bed at 8:30 was good luck.

Hope his luck was good when he went to bed,too.

You didnā€™t even have to do yard work this time. Hudson leaving and Mark wondering if this team was crashing to earth did the trick.

Iā€™m still not convinced.

You donā€™t think we can rely on brain cramps and execution errors by the other team every night?

1 Like

We only get to play the Rangers and Aā€™s so many times a season.

That makes two of us. The Astrosā€™ offense has to significantly improve before Iā€™m convinced. They are putting too much pressure on their pitching staff most nights.

1 Like

ā€œHeā€™s been your real rally killer. I actually scored the tying runā€ - A. Bregman

I agree CF is the only place where thereā€™s likely to have an opportunity for a personnel upgrade. Maldonado isnā€™t there for his bat anyway, and is irreplaceable. Bregman isnā€™t going anywhere. And even though Yuli isnā€™t under a long contract, it would be unusual to move on from the reigning gold glove winner, batting champion and current doubles leader so quickly.

The team also needs a lefty pinch hitter. Itā€™s asking a lot of Castro to fill that role in addition to backup catcher.

1 Like

These people complaining about Machete remind of 2005 and people complaining about Ausmus. The value of a good catcher is shown in the pitcher ERA more so than their batting average.

I wonder if Jake Meyers starting to play is considered an upgrade for CF by Click and company?

1 Like

I like Meyers as much as the next guy, but I think weā€™re far from knowing if heā€™s a steady every day player. Heā€™s not an upgrade from Siri defensively, and whether he can hit consistently is still a big question, IMHO.

3 Likes

I assume thatā€™s plan 1A, but I agree Hudson that there needs to be a quick plan 1B.

Meyers hit well for a stretch or two and in the few Postseason games he played, but letā€™s not forget that in September he hit .155, striking out in about half of his at bats. Heā€™s far from established himself. I hope thereā€™s a Plan 1B and a Plan 2 and 3.

1 Like