Astros favored to win WS

Yes, that must also be included.

But my observation is that all that is gone now. The team and personel all appear genuine and worthy.

I hope Karma agrees that Dusty, Zack, and Uncle Mike deserve a ring.

And many more but this could be a last change, or last best chance for those 3.

1 Like

Oh FUCK!! Umpire crew for the World Series has been announced. Thankfully, no West, no Hernandez but we have to deal with Ron Culpa’s arrogant ignorant ass.

The Braves don’t have Scherzer/Strasberg, just as we don’t have JV/Cole.

4 Likes

Did you get that from Twitter? I am not certain that was genuine.

Official. Kulpa behind the dish in game 2, Hallion game 3.

O.M.G. How can this happen?

Clearly not a meritocracy.

2 Likes

I hope that the replay umps, Hoberg and Timmons, are at the top of their games.

The hilarity of the 4th most accurate (and one of the best strike zone umps over the last few years) umpire being in the replay booth is something only the MLB could come up with and be serious about.

What a fucking shit sandwich.

ETA: Talking about Pat Hoberg.

2 of the 7 fall within the top 25 percent of strike zone accuracy on the season.

None of them within the top 10.

Conroy - 19/99
Belino - 25/99

Culpa is fucking 98/99. Bang up job, MLB.

What kind of uproar do we need to bring about change?

This is ridiculous

Introducing the Eric Gregg Memorial Crew Chief

He sets up behind the opposite batters box while Greg Maddox throws the first pitch in the dirt for a called strike.

Here’s the baseball world reacting to the umpire crew announcement:

Ever since the last game of the ALCS, Dusty Baker has been laying claim to Hank Aaron left and right, saying that he could feel Hank looking down on him during the game, saying that he’s here trying to win the WS in Aaron’s memory.

Whatever your opinion is of Dusty as a manager, this is one hell of a flex. Aaron’s number is literally mowed into Atlanta’s outfield and Dusty’s all like “I’m gonna bring the trophy to Houston…for Hank!”

1 Like

I just want to get ahead of something:

We are not facing CFM.

CFM existed purely as a Houston Astro. We are facing Charlie Morton, and if our hitters end up pummeling him, good.

7 Likes

What a shock.

Dusty Baker and Hank Aaron were teammates from 1968- 1974.

If Dusty can be believed and I am sure he can, they were close.

The Atlanta Braves TRADED Hank to the Brewers in 1974.

There is not a single person involved with the Atlanta Braves organization who was there when Aaron played.

I say Dusty has more claim than them

Hank Aaron wrote maybe the most interesting autobiography of any sports figure, I had a Hammer. He wrote it not long after he left baseball, and the most memorable part of it was how much he hated leaving Milwaukee for the South. It changed later because the franchise really did the right thing, but he was no big fan of the Braves in Atlanta.

2 Likes