Astros favored to win WS

Do NOT be fooled, boys and girls. We were heavily favored in 2019 also.

Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me…you can’t get fooled again.

Wasn’t Atlanta the underdog going into the Brewers series and the Dodgers series?

1 Like

“Stay humble. Stay hungry. Throw strikes. And don’t put men on base for Rosario.”

-Hakeem

4 Likes

Indeed. That is why I am saying do not be fooled.

Astros and their fans need to remember how quickly things can turn. Games 2 & 3 of the ALCS are good reminders.

2 Likes

Make good pitches.
Play good defense.
Have good ABs.

5 Likes

The Braves are hot just as the Nationals were in 2019. I certainly wouldn’t be looking at any odds to win. We lose likely Brantley’s bat when we play in Atlanta. It’s going to be a battle.

If we do that, I like our chances. If we do that and lose, there’s nothing to hang our heads about.

Oddsmakers must be confident that the games 5–6 versions of Framber/Luis will show up. The good guys can win this, but it’ll be a hell of a fight. Atlanta isn’t fucking around out there.

1 Like

Games aren’t played on paper. The Braves rallied after the Acuna injury and played very good baseball in the second half of the season. The Astros will have to play really well to win the World Series.

Braves had the best record in baseball after the trade deadline

2 Likes

They are to be complimented for not folding their tent after Acuna went down.

1 Like

Their deadline moves were interesting. On paper, the guys they acquired weren’t noticeably better than the guys they replaced. It seemed like a straight shake-up. And boy did it work.

Very similar to the 2019 Nationals in that regard.

So in other words, they’re the 2021 equivalent of the Nationals

In all ways except one, hopefully.

Karma is hard to beat. I hope there is no bad karma this year.

1 Like

Maybe having dickweed Cole on the 2019 team was a death sentence.

That guy does not deserve to ever win a ring.

That is resolved. Hopefully karma is happy.

It was not Cole, although I agree with that sentiment now. It was that POS nerd who harassed female media in the clubhouse, and the club’s disastrous first response calling her a liar.

8 Likes