Astros @ DBacks, April 12, 2022

No offense taken, and I like the roster construction part. The contract stuff never enters my head.

One of my fantasies/dreams years ago was to work in a front office on the baseball side. I was a cinch and a sure thing to get there but only if my friend accepted an Asst. GM offer. He turned it down, though, to remain a scout, and the rest is history.

Good

Siri is forcing Dusty’s hand at the expense of McCormick who is rapidly becoming the Steve DeBerg of this team.

They may be able to keep all 3 this year, but once Meyers is healthy there will be a huge roster crunch.

There are only 4 bench spots. The DH is an outfielder and your infield includes an older 1b, rookie SS, and a 3b with a history of leg injuries. Can you use 2 bench spots on outfielders?

If the team decides a weakness needs scored up - another bullpen arm? TOR starter? First baseman of the future? Then one of them should be traded and I think McCormick is the guy. His value is high right now. Hopefully it stays that way until Jake returns.

If one isn’t traded, there will he a bigger roster crunch next year when Leon is ready. If things continue aa they are

Good problem to have.

Yes.

The team lost more than a leadoff hitter and centerfielder when Grorge left.

You assume Leon will ever be “ready.” I think the jury still is out on that.

2 Likes

That is very true.

That’s why I said " if things continue as they are"

Leon made some impressions in spring training but still needs to continue to develop and perform at AAA.

But I think the hope and " the plan" is for him to be a starting outfielder in Houston next year.

I may be wrong. Would not be the first time.

MLB.com Highlights: Astros 2, D-backs 1 (Final Score) on MLB Gameday | MLB.com

Umpire Scorecard:https://twitter.com/UmpScorecards/status/1514252190180859909

2 Likes

Pen allowed 2 hits and 1 run over 5 innings.

Siri and Chas bring good energy on both sides. Siri’s amperage does seem higher. Sometimes he electrifies, occasionally he may electrocute. But having the bottom of the order productive is a huge asset.

As MikeS and I can attest to having grown up in Tucson (former home of the Astros’ AAA affiliate, the Tucson Toros!), we don’t particularly care for anything Pahoenix related (there’s a glorified trade school claiming to be a ‘university’ in tempe fwiw)- this road win by the good guys was extra special.

Seeing and hearing on the talking picture box/TV the vociferous Astros faithful drown out the slighted/aggrieved’ CHEATER-chanting snakes fans at whatever the hell they call that airplane hangar of a field/ballpark made that win for the Astros even more lovely; so nice seeing Astros backers in force.
I also always laugh when I come across in my travels, one of the maybe 23 total snakes fans in this world who claim to be diehard Douche-backs fans.
We all know they’re just closeted silly dojers fans who gave up, bless their dry-heat loving hearts.

Nice win for the Houston nine.

Siri must have blown a fuse after the game, Diaz/LF Chaz/CF today.

I got thrown out of a taqueria in Tempe yesterday.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that, Chuck.

If said taqueira was in tempe, you probably weren’t missing much.

Time for a line from the way-back machine: “I’ve left better places than this under my own power”

2 Likes

Ron White had some good jokes, my favorite was about him getting arrested for PI. “I was drunk in a bar, they threw me into public.”

1 Like

No one seems shocked that happened.

2 Likes