Astros at their daddy, 7/27/22

Okra with just a little olive oil spray, salt, and pepper in the air fryer is fantastic.

Korey Lee isn’t sounding like any kind of answer defensively.

Lee’s next piece is “fail to catch a fastball”

So you sous vide and then bread and fry? I’m intrigued.

And the PB costs them a run.

4-2 A’s.

or a frying pan. I just spray some pam, slice long ways and saute. It’s pretty good. I also like seasoning so there is some kind of spice added.

I was hoping my first impression of Lee when I watched him at RR was wrong, but I just don’t think he’s great at stopping pitches.

“Gary Sanchez but with less hitting” is not a great profile.

3 Likes

I planted okra this year, and it’s done ok, except I’ve got this one weird plant that keeps putting off really thick fluted pods. I’ve never seen anything like them, and I have no idea what I bought. I’m going to try them on the grill.

I used to like Tony Kemp.

You can’t blame Kemp for the Astros not hitting this series.

Maton escapes without further damage, only because Kemp’s double bounced over the wall to hold the runner at third.

1 Like

Season with all the spicy powders: garlic, onion, Tony C, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, oregano, whatever. Tank for 2 hours at 155 degrees (this is for bone-in dark meat, I had 2 bags with 6 drumsticks each). Dry off on a rack, dust with seasoned flour/corn starch, dunk in buttermilk, dredge back in flour, back on clean rack to air out and solidify the coating, fry.

As a bonus, I saved all the juices from the bags, boiled the hell out of them/reduced them on the stove, and now have a marinate/baste for my next grilled chicken.

1 Like

Wasn’t that BizidyDizidy guy a big sous vide proponent? What a weird thing to randomly remember.

Yuli gets a two out double, Yordan gets the IBB, and cleanup hitter Diaz bounces 6-4.

There, there, folks. It’s almost over.

I’m a big fan of sous vide, but it never occurred to me to use it as a setup to fry.

Me neither, this was a first.

Stanek strikes out the side

On to the 9th, down 4-2. Chas, Dubon, and Jake due up.

Sorry, it’s Tucker, Chas, Dubon

Tucker grounds out

Chas K

Dubon grounds sharply 5-3

A’s with their first sweep of the season

Astros suffer their first sweep of the season

Most pathetic series I can remember in quite some time.