Astros at A's May 31, 2022

A lockdown bullpen and an offense powered by Jeremy Peña. Just the way we thought we’d succeed.

3 Likes

I realize catchers are all about defense and pitch-calling and “framing” and such; but, Castro is hitting .104
One OH Fucking Four! If his batting average doubled, it would still be sub-Mendoza.

Check off “complain about the backup catcher” on your bingo cards.

1 Like

Fact check on aisle four.

1 Like

The “Mendoza Line” is .215, no?

I’m with you. A lot of folks here know a hell of a lot more about the game than I ever will. But this just seems like shit at bat after shit at bat.

I think you’re overlooking that RBI he has too.

I feel bad for Tony Kemp playing in that shithole.

I feel bad for that shithole having Laureano playing in it.

3 Likes

I had Mike drinks bourbon, but that may be my center square.

1 Like

Let’s just keep ending games with double plays!

3 Likes

Way to go, boys!! I’ll be at the game mañana, which means the Astros will shit the bed and avoid the series sweep.

1 Like

All three hitters in the 9th are ex-Astros.

I share this only because we can now all login to the Oakland clubhouse wifi.

Decision day certainly is just over the horizon. I liked his response to that.

Decision day for CF will be tough.

The longer it takes Meyers to come back the harder it will be.

Truth is I like all 3 players but it’s tough to keep 6 outfielders, even with the DH and if the team wants to improve someone needs to go and this is very likely from where it comes.

Siri has an extra gear the other 2 don’t and brings passion and energy but also is the least consistent and most Strikeout prone.

I love his speed and defense on the bench in the playoffs.

McCormick is well rounded 4th OF type who can play all 4 positions very well and does a little of everything. He also hits velocity well. He was right on that 97 mph fastball last night.

Meyers is likely the best hitter ( while also being an exceptional fielder) of them and the most likely to develop into an everyday starter but is also the least experienced and semi- unproven

Good problem to have.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s gonna be that tough. I love Siri but…

Not surprising Siri will be picked here as the one to go. I suspect it will be determined by which one has the greatest trade value, and who knows how good Meyers will be when he returns.

1 Like

I also feel Siri is the odd man out

But with Brantley being a FA after this season I could see him sent back to AAA as insurance and given another chance in spring training.

For me it’s all about how often he strikes out and K/BB ratio.

If he can walk a bit and limit his strikeouts everything else will fall into place.

He is definitely improving with experience and playing time:

2021: 34.7% K and 17/1 K to BB
2022: 31.8% k and 4.25/1 K to BB

April: 35.5% K and 8/1 K to BB
May: 29% K and 3/1 K to BB

Very encouraging.

I love Siri and think he brings energy passion and flat out speed that can really help a team.

I actually would most like McCormick to be traded.

I like him and love his attitude but if someone has to go I would choose him.

He is the oldest of the 3, is a year closer to arbitration and is IMHO the least likely to develop into an everyday starter. Though he could end up having the longest and best career as a 4th OF.

Who would you choose, Jim?

And I agree with you that Meyers is still mostly unproven and there is unsure about how well he will recover

And about trade value being a very big factor