Astros @ Arizona, 162

Go Tuck!

Tucker gets to 30/30 with an inside the park dingerā€”assuming they donā€™t charge an error.

Questionable error charged to the right fielder. Shouldnā€™t last.

Ford, Sparks and I agree that it will ultimately be ruled a home run.

ETA: has been changed to a triple and a fielderā€™s choice. A fielderā€™s choice toā€¦what? There was no one else on base!

1 Like

Strom with some Wayne Graham-style advice for his pitcher.

Rangers down in order in the 6th.

Astros done in the 5th. To the bottom, 6-nil.

Thatā€™s it for me, guys. Yard work beckons.

Bring it home, GZ!

Iā€™m still completely baffled by this play and the scoring decision. For anyone who didnā€™t see the play, hereā€™s the clip.

Bot 6th - Seattle ā€œDefensive substitutionsā€
Taken Out - Cal Raleigh, Julio Rodriguez, & J P Crawford.
Inserted - Luis Torrens C, Jose Caballero SS, & Dylan Moore CF

You rarely see an error charged when the OF never touches the ball

What the fuck does that mean?

Seattle has started pulling their starters, giving the Rangers every opportunity to take the lead and the division with it.

Servais has replaced his top 3 hitters in the lineup. Defensive substitutions. He also took out Kirby at 75 pitches with a shutout. Hopefully, the backups can hang on.

@moriarty got it

Fuck Servais.

2 Likes

Okay, pulled up the rule. I donā€™t see how you call that indifference. Itā€™s a terrible play, but the defenders werenā€™t indifferent to the run scoring. That never gets called as an error, I get it, but that doesnā€™t make it a fielderā€™s choiceā€“I think it makes it a goofy-ass home run.

FIELDERā€™S CHOICE is the act of a fielder who handles a fair grounder and, instead of throwing to first base to put out the batter runner, throws to another base in an attempt to put out a preceding runner. The term is also used by scorers

(a) to account for the advance of the batter runner who takes one or more extra bases when the fielder who handles his safe hit attempts to put out a preceding runner;

(b) to account for the advance of a runner (other than by stolen base or error) while a fielder is attempting to put out another runner; and

(c) to account for the advance of a runner made solely because of the defensive teamā€™s indifference (undefended steal).

2 Likes

Seattle ā€œBā€ team gets 3 Rangers out in the 8thā€¦

#9 hitter, then Semien and Seager due up in the 9th.

Who is pitching for Seattle?

Thornton did the 8th. Hopefully, Munoz in the 9th.

1 Like