A's at Astros, May 13, 2024

Maybe the 8th isn’t really the inning for Pressly.

1 Like

I liked the pen spike.

“Sit down Seth Brown!”

That was a great. And the producer behind them throwing down her piece of paper in solidarity.

5 Likes

I think part of what can be seen as Julia’s struggles is the fact that when you have someone different in either chair, the whole rhythm is thrown off - a good broadcast duo has an innate sense of when it’s the other’s time to talk.

Doing any new type of public speaking is tough, even for people who are as qualified and practiced as Julia; Especially with something as technical and extemporaneous as sportscasting. This is a debut for her to be proud of. Blum has been a terrific co-host as well, as he always is. TK has filled in with good humor but is clearly the most uncomfortable. I can’t tell how much of that is schtick, but it all seems fairly good natured.

Way to go Bregman!.

Great to see.

1 Like

For these evening games I’m usually working in the kitchen and listening, turning to watch when I hear something interesting happening. What I’ve noticed about Julia’s call is that she’s leaving off the little details that help paint the picture. The pitch was a ball, but where was it? It’s a ground ball, but where? When Peña scored his odd run, she was pretty tongue-tied (as most of us would have been, I imagine). I’m sure she would improve these things with more experience.

Yes, I agree with all of you. This is my preferred version of Bregman.

Have a night, Breggy!

(Even if the OF completely misplayed that)

Yeah, the right fielder looked pretty confused. Probably should have been caught.

But I imagine the headband will be a fixture for s while.

I don’t think we need Hader in the 9th

Oakland D very shaky tonight.

Curious as to the expected batting average on that one was. Definitely under the Mendoza line.

ETA: After watching the replay, that’s unfair. It would be an out more times than not, but it wasn’t a gimme.

I like the cap most of all.

1 Like

PBP in any sport at any level is insanely difficult. Listen to a minor league radio broadcast some time. A few of those guys are pros, but so many of them are just finding their way. It is nearly impossible not to sound like the Boom goes the dynamite guy.

4 Likes

That’ll do nicely, Astros.

9 runs, 2 Breggy Bombs, AND the first career W for Arrighetti?

Sorry, TK. Julia has to keep the job.

6 Likes

“Shout out to my wife. She’s a grinder.”

Alex Bregman rewriting every married dad’s mother’s day card.

2 Likes

Julia in the booth was cool for the reason they did it, but she is the best in the business at what she does.

4 Likes