A's at Astros, May 13, 2024

Strike zone: amoeba

What a throw from Caratini!

1 Like

Pretty good tag, too, even if the throw was literally on the runner. I was noticing the other day how good Dubón is getting positioned for throws. Altuve is not a world beater in this area, in my opinion. But Dubón and Peña are really solid.

Just tuned in. Kalas extremely flustered at field level. Julia very excited with the ponche’. Fun for a change.

I like this version of Bregman.

Breggy bomb, part deux!

I don’t know what the hell Bregman has on his head there but I recommend that he keep in on. Oh, a bandana. Looks like the bandana stays good look or not.

1 Like

That’s on me. My first Astros at bat I viewed.

Kalas is flustered and Julia is struggling. It just goes to show how specialized each skill is.

Are they doing this because this is now the first ever MLB game with two female TV PBP people?

I’m told by my resident local member of the media that “baseball y’all” is Julia’s brand. Good hustle by Julia! Seamless cross-brand promotion!

1 Like

That seems to be it. I don’t know anything about the Oakland announcer, but Julia’s been great. She should do it more often.

Arrighetti Caratini sounds like a good combo at Olive Garden.

2 Likes

I like Julia a lot and think that she’s great at what she does and I hope that she continues to receive the opportunity to thrive in that role.

3 Likes

Oakland is the only team in MLB with a female play-by-play announcer (Jenny Cavnar), so that’s why the Astros broadcast team did the swap tonight.

Altuve’s socks are the only good things about these hideous uniforms. I’ve said this many times but it’s worth repeating

https://x.com/LiveSCS/status/1790190204004745226

A look into the booth during Julia’s first home run call.

2 Likes

The jerseys are fine on their own, the pants should have been orange. Making them pajamas destroyed anything else they were trying for.

Astros finally put up a crooked number. Pressley in, top 8, 5-2 Astros.

That’s phenomenal!

2 Likes

Pressly scaring me here.