A's at Astros, July 8, 2021

Kemp takes ball 1. Way up, ball 2. Up again, ball 3. Not even fucking close. Pours one in, 3-1. Way inside, ball fucking 4. Come on McCullers.

I approach all McCullers starts with no expectations, because there is no telling what you’re going to see.

LMJ at home is usually nails. Usually.

Garcia with a runner on 1st and 1 out, Swings through a knee high slider. Slider routine grounder to Toro who bobbles it for no reason then airmails one to Yuli. Yuli jumps and brings it in and puts the tag on the runner in time for the out. No, he didn’t. Yuli missed the tag and he was on the bag.

Fucking Christ, Toro. That’s absolutely fucking terrible.

Replay checking to see if he got the tag, he was called out by the 1B ump initially.

2 Likes

Why is this taking so long? Still looking at the replay. He’s safe, E-5.

1 Like

The sequel to “Where the fuck is Toro?” -

“What the fuck is Toro doing?”

2 Likes

Not Toro’s best couple of plays.

Fuckhead Laureno takes ball 1, way low.

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT TORO YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNT!

Grounder right at Toro and Toro looks at the runner, thinks about tagging him, then throws to second and barely gets the out there. No chance at 2 after that fucking idiocy.

1 Like

(Smacks forehead with palm.)

1 Like

Andrus with runners on 1st and 3rd and two out. If I could I’d go kick Toro in the fucking balls right now. Ball one. Andrus clearly went around on ball 2, but 1B ump says no. 2-0. Andrus sky high pop to left. Alvarez does a solid Tucker impression catching it off to his left.

Crisis Averted.

Mid 4, 2-0 A’s.

“Why the fuck is Toro…?”

1 Like

Toro needs a Code Red after the game. Maybe during.

Correa takes ball one off the outside corner for a strike, 0-1. Low and away, 1-1. 97 right down main street fouled back. Swings wildly at a shoetop high splitter. Fucking pathetic.

1 out.

I always thought Toro looked good at 3B while he was in RR, and in limited time in the bigs…goes to show you can get exposed with the glove just as easily as you can with the bat

1 Like

Alvarez with 1 out and nobody on 91 on the outside corner, 0-1. Swings way over a corner splitters, 0-2. Blum and Kalas marvelling at his amazing control. Astros are swinging at splitters that are fucking BOUNCING! SHUT THE FUCK UP! Takes ball 1 up, 1-2. Swings at another fucking bouncing splitter that gets away from Garcia. Alvarez takes 2 full beats to realize it and is thrown out by a step at 1st. 2 outs.

Gurriel singles between 1st and 2nd on the first pitch.

Note to hitters:

Any pitch that starts off skimming the grass is very unlikely to break UP for a strike.

3 Likes

They’re just not seeing the splitter at all.

Tucker with 2 outs and Yuli on first. Tucker walked his first time up. Fastball at the knees ball one because Garcia is fucking horrible at framing pitches. Swings through an outside corner fastball, 1-1. Swings through 97 upper part of the zone. Montas said hit if you can, and Tucker said WHOOOOOOOSH, 1-2. You’ll never guess what happens next. Another shoetop high swing and miss at a splitter.

End 4, 2-0 A’s.

Astros be hackin’