Around the AL West 2023

If the Astros lose tonight, they are eliminated from the division with a Rangers win.

Part of me wants a season-ending five-game losing streak and a managerial retirement ceremony.

Next year is another year.

3 Likes

All of me wants a 4 game winning streak followed by 11 more wins. I just don’t think it’s happening

4 Likes

If the Astros go on a 5 game winning streak I’ll eat whatever hat is awarded for Race for the Lid.

5 Likes

Especially since they only have four regular season games left. They’re off tomorrow.

4 Likes

That’ll just make the hat go down easier.

2 Likes

Quiet, you!

3 Likes

I just got an email telling me Postseason tickets are now on sale!! I’m on the fence.

So are the Astros.

7 Likes

More like impaled on the fence.

6 Likes

Me either. They’ll be lucky to win another game. Whenever you see the fundamentals breaking down so dramatically like this, it’s clear they are done.

2 Likes

Dusty stirs the pot about 'Stros HBP…

HOU pitchers have hit 10 SEA batters

SEA pitchers have hit 5 HOU batters

What an absolutely painful, dumbfuck stat to cite without any context at all.

Ty France alone has been hit 33 times this season, which is 13 more than the next person on the list, Andres Gimenez of the Guardians.

Editing to add: Yordan leads the Astros in HPB at 13. FUCKING THIRTEEN.

The Mariners lead all of baseball with 109 HPB, while the Astros are 12th at 72.

It almost would stand to reason the Mariners crowd the plate and tend to get hit a lot more than other teams instead of posting some solo stat with zero information around it that makes it look like Astros pitchers are hitting Mariners on purpose.

Fucking Christ you’re exhausting.

1 Like

Ignore is your friend.

2 Likes

Yordan’s HR is tied for the lowest launch angle (16 degrees) by any hitter in any park this year.

You’ve screwed this up in two threads now.

SIXTEEN, NOT ONE HUNDRED SIXTEEN.

2 Likes

116 mph, but 16 degrees, Thanks, Mark.

He is not trying to help you. He is trying to get you to read more, post less. Here is a tip: stop talking about other teams’ announcers. As HH told you last night, no one on this site gives a fuck about them.

3 Likes

I sometimes will listen to the other teams’ broadcasts but only because I like to know who is good at it and who is shitty at it. There are a couple of teams that have real good crews, Baltimore and Toronto for instance, but most are shitty like the Rangers. I’ve come to the conclusion that the Astros broadcasts are as good as it gets.

2 Likes

I guess what I have been saying is I do not care which other broadcasters are good or are bad. If you do, good for you. What I am certain about is I do not a fuck about what they think of the Astros. HH expressed my view last night. Any opinions other teams’ broadcasters have will not be well-informed and may be simply parroting the “cheaters” narrative I abhor.

5 Likes