Around the AL West 2023

Knowing you once worked at a movie theater, explains a lot.

1 Like

Summers of 1993 and 94. Both were pretty legendary movie years

My brother worked at a couple too. He had entire movies memorized.

1 Like

I worked at a movie theatre from ages 16 until I left for college. Lousy hours but a fun job. Started as a
$1 an hour usher and left as Ast. Mgr. making $350 a month which was pretty good for the early '70s for a teenager.

5 Likes

Me, too.

The Angels lead the Rockies 23-0.

In the 4th.

What did Trout and Ohtani do?

Trout was 3 for 3 before leaving the game, Ohtani was 1 for 7. One time first overall draft pick that seemed like a bust before this year, Mickey Moniak, was 5 for 5 and is hitting .337 with an OPS of 1.074

Only two things matter in baseball anymore…the 2017 World Series Champion Houston Astros and Shohei Ohtani.

5 Likes

Even better - the Rockies traded Mike Moustakas to the Angels during this game.

1 Like

Call me an old fart. Still like babe did. Different day

Folks are calling you stuff, but that ain’t one of them.

1 Like

So, I’m cruising the Astros highlights feed in the app and there’s two of the most “Angels” highlights in there (I hate that they are now cluttering my Astros feed with junk from other teams) and think to myself, “darn, looks like the Angels won again”. When will I ever learn?

Only two things matter in baseball anymore: Shohei Ohtani and the 2017 World Series Champion Houston Astros.

3 Likes

I love the combined postseason numbers of Ohtani and Trout.

1 Like

Scherzer making his Rangers debut, 3 runs given up in the top of the first. A White Sox win today would be nice

5 Likes

Long way to go with Toussaint and a watered down bullpen for the Rangers to tee off on for 8 more innings. Hope you’re right of course.

+1. The Texas lineup is really impressive in their ability to score gobs of runs basically at will.

Right. I don’t expect it by any means. Rangers have already scored two and it’s only bottom 3rd. Just would be nice

And there goes the lead. 3-3. Fun while it lasted