Around the AL West 2023

When they said “forearm tightness” weeks ago, I read “TJS.”

1 Like

I was scared shitless Sunday evening after throwing balls for my brother-in-law’s dog to fetch because a few hours later my forearm was all tight. But it looks like all that was was an old man who hasn’t thrown much in quite a while.

1 Like

Rosenthal says the Rangers didn’t (or couldn’t) take out an insurance policy on deGrom.

Cabrera said that also yesterday.

Cabrera posts in too many threads

2 Likes

Cabrera is everywhere simultaneously. Cabrera exists outside of defined space and time.

2 Likes

Cabrera posted it in the Aches and Pains during a Rangers discussion. He is ESL and may have had trouble reading the Where To Post rule.

2 Likes

Ohtani went upper deck at Mimic Made Park tonight.
To the opposite field.

Don’t look now but the Halos are only one game behind us

They’re still due for a Trout injury and another Rendon injury.

1 Like

So Nevada passed the funding for the A’s stadium. MLB owners will soon vote on relocation. Barring a collapse of some sort, the A’s will be going to Las Vegas.

If so, it will be the 4th city for the A’s.

They should make up their minds.

1 Like

Every batter will walk up to the Beach Boys’ “I Get Around”

2 Likes

I was just thinking that he has been off the injured list for a long time now.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1671353548481908736?t=Ak1zmQA2UyA-PXm6A--Xqw&s=19

Conflicted given the final result, but this was quite a disputed call

1 Like

Stone is right: what are catchers supposed to do? That’s a harsh call.

2 Likes

I know what Crash Davis would call it.

If their issue is his left foot was on the outside edge of the plate when he was waiting for the ball, that is I guess correct by the letter of the law but doesn’t fit the spirit of the rule.

2 Likes

“You’re Sears and Roebuck material?”

Bad call. No idea what they want the catcher to do other than never touch home plate.

It does seem New York leans heavily to calling these plays in that manner.