Arlington Fucksticks @ Astros, July 14, 2024

With four days off after today’s game, that shouldn’t matter in this particular situation. Every bullpen option will be well rested when they visit Seattle to start the second half of the season on Friday.

I hate being right

1 Like

I agree with you 100%. Just the only reason I can think of to not use Abreu or Pressly today

2 Likes

I was hoping a win today might start pushing Rangers into sellers at deadline.

Obviously can only use them with a lead

Simply not a good reason in a 2-1 8th inning game v Rangers.

6 Likes

Angels beat the Mariners, so still one game behind. Astros have now officially blown a chance to be in first at the break. By losing to the Rangers, the Rangers are firmly in this now, only 5 back of the Mariners and 4 back of the Astros. Gonna need to come out hot Friday in Seattle.

4 Likes

It would have been nice psychologically to be in first place at the break, but it’s gonna come down to how well they play against the Mariners. They simply have to beat the team in front of them.

I am ready for Brown to make some trades.

3 Likes

Lots of room for upgrades.

Unfortunately, not many magic beans to use in trade.

People say that about the Astros every year and every year the Astros make trades

Not only that, but they also tend to find contributions from the system every year too. Granted this will be the first year in a while they don’t have a top 5 rookie

1 Like