Angels at Astros, 8/12/2023

Being young-ish and stupid, I did all the wrong things when I was doing some relief work in New Orleans after Katrina. Three weeks of work equaled three bulging discs and one ruptured disc. I’ve been living with it for 18 years now. The only thing that works for me is staying very active and exercising like crazy to keep stuff moving but I could never do something like swing a bat aggressively. And, all of the classic PT movements they prescribe to me exacerbate and irritate the issue and I can’t move for two weeks.

Don’t respect me, which is fair have you tried another Dr?
Worked at city hall during Katrina. People had all ideas of rooms to rent. Can I put up a sheet for a room ? Girlfriend did most of that. I worked mostly in finance part. Learned a lot though FEMA actually can be a good org. Worked with them in NJ when dad was mayor. Republicans and Dems wanted him to go for hire offices. Promised mom, one term. Served 3. Called people a herd ond day in town meeting. Told mom best to step aside. For a great man, still would have been elected. Just thought time. He needed something to do. Voted for 2 Dems. One regret, other bill Bradley. That guy was cool and moderate

Ok, game zone thread starting … now.

3 Likes

Nobody on the Stros has had a ton of ABs against Anderson (Altuve’s 11 is the most), but in 53 total he’s been bombed pretty well.

*This is is no way a taunt or a jinx or a flaunting of the BBGs, just a statement of fact.

Let me respond to this by telling you a story that both has nothing to do with what you’re talking about and also makes zero sense.

4 Likes

As long as there’s a marsupial involved.

3 Likes

Nice marmot.

1 Like

My bad, I thought we might try and talk about baseball, and the game today, again, at the behest of BigD

We can’t bust heads like we used to—but we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don’t go anywhere like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So, I tied an onion to my belt which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel. And in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. ‘Give me five bees for a quarter,’ you’d say. Now, where were we? Oh, yeah! The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

6 Likes

Who are the A holes of Anaheim pitching tonight?

Can we get back to talking about possums, please

1 Like

Now let’s all celebrate with a cool glass of turnip juice.

1 Like

Nm.

Just saw the note about Anderson.

I one thought about writing a Broadway erotic comedy set in the Ozarks called Oh! Possum!, but I didn’t.

2 Likes

Possums allegedly are tick eating machines.

Fire ants are absolutely hell on ticks.

Would I rather have ticks or fire ants? I dunno.

I think the question is would you rather have fire ants or possums? That’s really not much of a contest.

1 Like

Fuck mosquitoes.

1 Like

I have yet to discover a benefit with mosquitoes.

What eats them, other than bats?

Bats is smart, they use radar.

Can we get a Bill Brown alternative broadcast?

Because there’s no way I’m gonna listen to 1 decibel of this national broadcast.