Aches and Pains 2020

I’m just starting to embrace this heel persona that the sports world has thrust upon the Astros and remembering that Ric Flair is both the dirtiest player in the game and the GOAT. Woooo!

Verlander has groin discomfort. Was set to start tomorrow, but is being pushed back.

Via Chandler Rome, Toro has pink eye.

Karma!!!

Here’s a surprise: Giancarlo Stanton injured his calf, grade 1 strain. Questionable for Opening Day.

Karma!

And suck my dick, Craig Calcaterra, you dick necked fuckwit. You block someone who calls you out for being a fuckwit, that just shows what a total fucking thin skinned pussy wart you are.

Eloquence, thy name is Chuck.

I can’t open the article. Question: how is his knee now?

“As of this moment, I feel good,” Alvarez said “I know that Dusty had said they’re barking a little bit, but for now I feel good. I don’t think it’s something that affected me from last year, I just think it’s something that I did have knee problems last year, but it’s something that I’m just watching this year a little bit.”

I wonder if it is a poor physiological response to all the (muscle) weight he put on over the last few years. It takes low-bloodflow regions like connecting tissues and shock absorption tissues a very long time to react and build tolerance to big changes in impact intensity. That stress/recover/rebuild response for those low-bloodflow areas is much longer than the muscle repair/rebuild response to increased exertion and that gap in recovery timing is the #1 indicator for injury. Alvarez was so thin and light for all of his primary formative years and has only carried all this new mass relatively recently.

Alvarez scratched from the lineup today with knee soreness. Dusty said it’s precautionary and doesn’t seem concerned.

Altuve caught the same bug Bregman had and has been kept away from the facility to prevent further spreading.

Stress fracture in a rib for Judge:

Note to any non-member Twitter trolls lurking around here: we talk about injuries on this thread. We don’t celebrate them. Please fill your daily cup of outrage elsewhere.

1 Like

And that explains why his shoulder hurts? Not that I’ve ever had one, so I don’t know. Maybe it was causing him to compensate in odd ways?

Karma strikes again.

Judge had a good rookie year but since then he has been very average when he has been healthy enough to play. I’m not even sure if I’ll keep him for my Mihoba Fantasy team.

1 Like

Uh oh?

This is my big fear for this season. If Verlander can’t pitch his usual complement of innings, this staff looks very shaky.

He left the park to “get some testing done.” Not clear if this is related to the groin, or something new.