2024 Summer Olympics

Quincy Market is a food hall in Boston.

Very cool.

Jack Klugman was once show walking down a hall on the TV show called, Quincy M.E.,

3 Likes

And then there’s rock-n-roll Hall of Fame member Quincy Jones.

Interestingly, they never mentioned the character’s first name on the show. He was simply “Quincy” or “Dr. Quincy”.

I figured it was Oscar.

2 Likes

Race dynamics like that were my favorite part of my running “career”. If you know what to watch for, it’s pretty easy to see on the track but you have to be subtile when doing it otherwise, you get DQ’d from the race. It’s funny, watching these moves on TV, they all seem so slight. When you are there in the pack in the heat of the moment, they look and feel like massive, overt and obvious shenanigans.

My favorite version of this is cross country racing. You can get away with all kinds of stuff when you are meters away from course judges and, especially in the woods. We used to have a couple of funny sayings: “what happens in the woods, stays in the woods”. And, “21 went in, 19 came out” (or whatever the number was for that day). Competitive cross country is a full contact sport.

Dr. Quinncy, Medicine Woman

2 Likes

Fun Fact: In France, LeBron James is TheBron James.

1 Like

Olise’s corner kicks are terrible. You can take the boy out of Palace…

Taking someone out of the palace seems appropriately French.

3 Likes

Pretty nice comeback by the home team

1 Like

Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!
Mateta’s in the room
There ain’t no striker better
Than Jean-Philippe Mateta

1 Like

woah…off the bar

I love that they’re giving France several extra extra minutes

1 Like

I think that was a finger-tip save.

1 Like

Is he that big or is the Spaniard at the coin flip that small?

Well, that was fun.

It ended in a tie and everyone gets a gold medal?

Oh, you’re a perfectionist. Flashes of Quincy!

1 Like

How, on the awesome late goalie throw by Spain, was the guy who scored not offside?

I’ve been asked and I cannot explain it.