And if I only could
I’d make a deal with God
And I’d get Him to swap our places
Be runnin’ up that road
Be runnin’ up that hill
Be runnin’ up that building
Say, if I only could, oh

1 Like

I’m watching the France-Egypt men’s semi in soccer (not at the stadium, unfortunately), and the French finishing tonight is worse than the Americans’, if you can imagine that. They trail Egypt 1-0 with 9 minutes left, and if they lose all of the reverie from Marchand et al may evaporate.

And there’s the equalizer. I’m very powerful, in the wrong way.

Egypt goes down a man early in extra time and France scores a few minutes later to take the lead. And now the hack-a-thon is on in force.

Watching USA Vs Canada. Very competitive. Brandie Wilkerson for Canada can really jump high. She is also the best player of the 4.

2 Likes

USA’s Taryn Kloth is 6’4, Canada’s Brandie Wilkerson is 5’10" and consistently gets more top elevation than Taryn. Canada upsets USA.

Mateta and Olise fire France into the Olympic Men’s soccer final. Why neither of them were in France’s squad for the Euros is something I will never understand.

[I know Olise now is technically a Bayern Munich player, but the season hasn’t started yet so it is not yet real]

Want to know how the photo finish system works?

Yes. Fascinating.

I could listen to her all day.

1 Like

What a tournament from Girma so far. Best defender in the world.

Cycling is just a cool sport, in general. Team pursuit it especially cool. The USA women’s team wins gold again!

Serbia leads USA 86-84 with 3:00 min left on the 4th.

And just like the American go on a run and it’s 91-86 in favor of the USA

1 Like

USA wins 95-91 after trailing by 17.

I can not believe they won that. They looked dead in the water, down 17, Serbia hitting everything. Great showing from the guys. Onto the gold medal game vs France!

Booker, Steph, KD, LeBron and Embid makes a great group to finish out games. Seems like they played together the final 8 minutes except with Holiday came in for last 8 seconds

So after casually stumbling onto the women’s cycling road race, I’ve been watching the track racing. Holy shit those are some cool races.

1 Like

Apparently the velodrome bikes don’t have brakes.

“Where we’re going, we don’t need brakes”

2 Likes

Nope. Gotta hold your shit together.

The cross-country portion of the equestrian eventing took place on the grounds of Versailles. You can pull up some footage on Peacock. It’s an incredibly cool setting.