2024 Roster

Roster moves today

Janson Junk? That canā€™t be real, can it?

I thought King pitched pretty well.

5 Likes

I agree. Heā€™s a useful guy to have around.

He was good. Surely he will be back.

Heā€™ll be back in a few days

Iā€™m enjoying the thought of sending a message back in time to 2011ā€”ā€œthe 2024 Astros roster will include Jon Singleton, Jason Heyward, and Justin Verlanderā€ā€”and leaving it to my past self to wonder how they get there.

7 Likes

Whitley and Salazar called up

2 Likes

Whitley has been pitching his ass off lately. Could not have made a better case for himself. Glad to see.

5 Likes

I am happy about Whitley also. I hope he makes the best of this chance. Montero was deserving too, but I am glad it was Whitley. Sorry for Bryan King.

3 Likes

Unless thereā€™s different rules for Sept 1 callups, King canā€™t come back for 2 weeks without a pitcher going to the IL.

1 Like

Different rules for Sept 1 callups is my question. Did MLB limit call ups to 1 Pitcher and 1 position player?

1 Like

Yes

Itā€™s limited to two players, with no more than 14 pitchers. Since most teams already have 13 pitchers, it usually means one pitcher and one position player

Thanks. So everyone now in AAA must stay there?

No, you can still send down and call up players.

10 days. Iā€™m not sure about the September 1 being special or not but I think it is

Thatā€™s my understanding as well. In the old days, you could call up anyone on the 40-man, and there was no limit, so effectively options ended on September 1st. Now you must have 28 players on the active roster, no more, no less, and the option rules are still in effect.

2 Likes

Itā€™s 15 days for a pitcher, I believe.

1 Like

It is indeed 15 for pitchers, 10 for position players.