2024 Roster

Didn’t the Astros score the millionth run in mlb history?

Good thing he was the go-to man with the game on the line last night.

Yes. Bob Watson.

2 Likes

The same people that gave Dusty manager of the year votes will give Espada the same this year, if the Astros win the division. Never mind that both are net negatives in W/L each year.

2 Likes

Bregman is taking grounders at first

Lovely

I’d be expecting Dubon, Dezenzo and Whitcomb to split time at 3B, with Bregman playing at 1B/DH a lot.

When God closes one corner, he opens another

8 Likes

Wish we could do with this team like I could do with my daughter’s softball team years ago, throwing two extra hitters in the lineup.

I wish we could take a few away. The problem is too many guys who can’t hit, not too few.

5 Likes

The future 1000th player in Astros history makes a Play of the Week for the Bucs in 2022.

Neris and Ort activated. Martinez and Dubin optioned. Jacob Amaya DFA’d for a 40-man spot.
https://x.com/chandler_rome/status/1827385656563397085?s=46

2 Likes

So, according to reports, the Astros are close to a deal with Jason Heyward, who was recently released by the Dodgers. I don’t understand this when we just signed Gamel. Tucker must really have any issue and must not be close to coming back.

1 Like

Hayward is still a superior defender. Maybe they’re realizing that Chas just can’t contribute.

4 Likes

We won’t see Tucker again this year

1 Like

They may also be trying to get Yordan off the field.

How is his arm?

Pretty darn good, iirc.

1 Like

Having Gamel in no way should block signing Heyward. Heyward is just simply a better version of Gamel

1 Like

Heyward has a really good arm. 89th percentile when I looked the other day.

1 Like

I would option Chas and have Heyward/Gamel/Dubon/Yordan be the corners

1 Like