2024 Roster

I was certainly wrong about this…I expected him to get the call at some point assuming he produced with SL, but not this soon.

Just keep throwing rookies at the wall and seeing which of them stick

4 Likes

Cabbage chopped, optioned to AAA.

As many here, I’m not a Trey Cabbage fan, but what purpose does Aledmys Diaz serve on this team with Dezenzo coming up? Cabbage could at least pinch run or something.

4 Likes

Ok, why the hell are we keeping Aledmys?

6 Likes

He can also throw the ball from the outfield to the plate in fewer than 10 hops.

4 Likes

I agree but stranger things have happened. Look at the Fitzgerald kid over in SF. He came up and caught fire immediately. Again, not saying it will happen but gotta try something.

The Dezenzo callup reminds me of Altuve. Dezenzo actually has some appearances in AAA, but in both cases it was desperation at the MLB level that drove the move. Maybe they’ll catch lightning twice.

2 Likes

Dezenzo will DH tonight, batting 7th

I love that they are DH’ing him. Don’t worry about the field young man…just mash!

1 Like

Baby steps.

I don’t know why we signed him in the first place.

2 Likes

Just get a runner from third home. “Mash” is aspirational.

1 Like

After last night’s spectacular display with runners on base, I’d settle for “dribble”.

3 Likes

Because he can’t be any fucking worse than the slop jars of nuts the Astros are trotting out currently.

1 Like

I understand signing him, what I didn’t understand was bringing him up immediately. I assumed they’d try to somewhat fix him in SL

1 Like

We are in 100 percent agreeance there.

1 Like

Look, right now a wing and a prayer is what I’m gonna enjoy until he goes 0-4 with 3 Ks alright?!? Don’t piss on my parade MM.

1 Like

Your turn at bat, sir.

I have a vague recollection that he was the designated emergency catcher in his previous stint with the Astros. Maybe that’s still true? To give Espada a bit more freedom to use Diaz and/or Caratini in pinch-hit situations? That’s all I’ve got though. If that’s the case, there are better uses for that roster spot.

1 Like