2024 Roster

That’s great to hear. Basically a no risk gamble.

Aledmys back?

Kessinger optioned and Hensley DFA’d.

I had assumed Caratini up and Kessinger down so not sure of the reason for the Hensley move.

Caratini due up, but Salazar will go down when that happens. Diaz was not on the 40-man, so Hensley had to be DFA’s to make room.

1 Like

Havent been able to follow the injury issues closely, can anyone give an update?

So by September, what are the chances of any of the following being back and playing?
Verlander
Tucker
Garcia
McCullars (lol)

I think I saw Urquidy, France and Javier are all done for the year.

Both should be. Sometime in August would seem like the time for Verlander. Tucker, it could be tomorrow, never, or anywhere in-between.

Gonna depend on how he responds to restarting his rehab assignment. It was looking like end of July, early August before the potential setback

We see him all the time on the HEB commercials, I doubt we ever see him on a baseball field again. I hate that, I really feel for the guy. He’s as good a competitor as has worn an Astros uniform but his body just can’t do it.

2 Likes

Rome confirms Diaz up

This is the latest (yesterday) from MLB.com.

As others have intimated on OWA, Tucker is probably going to get amputated…but seriously, even if all the imaging showed no hairline fracture, he likely will be out as long he would have if he had a fracture.

And starts at 1B

I’m guessing:

McCullers - 0% (he’s closer to retirement than anything else)
Garcia - 10-20% (depends on how serious the issue was that forced him to be taken off his rehab assignment)
Verlander and Tucker - over 50%

2 Likes

David Hensley, DFA’d last week, has been claimed by Miami. So long, David.

I wish him well.

Caleb with K is back

Tayler Scott gets the start tonight. Maybe Espada just said, well it’s most likely a bullpen game anyway so fuck it just use the bullpen

Espada probably just looked at the lineup card and went “holy shit, we’ve got Bloss going tonight”.

Chas also scratched from today’s lineup. Scott will be the starting pitcher.

I doubt Chas was ever in the lineup vs one of the best right-handed starters in the league

Houston Astros recall reliever Kaleb Ort, option Shawn Dubin to AAA Sugar Land Space Cowboys

Pedro Leon called up to replace Loperfido

I imagine there will be a reliever called up for a couple of days before Kikuchi gets added to the roster around Wednesday or Friday for his first start