2024 Roster

Yeah you still don’t get it. I doubt you ever will.

3 Likes

If you think you’re entitled to express opinions that are stupid, boorish, etc - as yours are - then you should expect that others are entitled to express the opinion that you’re full of shit.

8 Likes

What is there to debate? You have conclusively established your troll bona fides.

Willing or not you are going back under the bridge.

2 Likes

What stage is “acknowledge the initial posts and the response, apologize, then come back 10 days later and double down?”

6 Likes

I love it when some jerk who has never done anything in athletics calls a Major League baseball player a loser. Tell us where you played and how good you were. How are you qualified to judge Abreu’s character?

9 Likes

I’m late to this conversation but a guy who a few years ago won an MVP Award is probably not a “loser.” Careers come to an end. There’s no point in trashing the guy from a computer chair.

4 Likes

Bloss officially to the IL with shoulder discomfort. Will be seen by doctors for a definitive diagnosis. Nice thing for him is he sustains his massive, massive raise to the MLB minimum of $740k for the duration instead of dropping back to MiLB pay in a week when JV comes back.

9 Likes

Somebody is buying a new car and paying off their house.

3 Likes

Talk about finding a diamond in goat’s ass.

3 Likes

He also accrues ML service time, which is huge down the road. May even mean free agency a year earlier, should he return to the big leagues.

3 Likes

Bloss to 15-Day; Hernandez optioned; Contreras recalled; Bryan King to 40-man and called up; Alex Speas DFA

Two fresh arms for the pen

1 Like

Team says it’s mild inflammation for Bloss, no structural damage, and he’ll be shut down from throwing for a few days.

Brown also says Caratini is probably out 4 weeks, hopefully back in more like 3.

2 Likes

Astros have signed catcher Omar Narvaez to a minor league deal. Mets still responsible for the $8M in salary. Astros only responsible for pro-rated minimum.

I’m seeing rumors about a trade for Vlad Jr. A big upgrade from Singleton, but what do the Astros have that Toronto might want in return?

Mayonnaise for their french fries?

9 Likes

Depends what they would be looking for really. If they want OF prospects the Astros have plenty of those. Big league ready would really only be Leon, but at 26 he can’t be the headliner. They could want Luis Baez, which would hurt because I am a fan based on what I’ve heard/read. Obviously Jacob Melton would be the guy the Blue Jays would ask for first. Maybe they would want Chas? That would clear playing time for Loperfido once Tucker returns from the grave.

Vlad Jr won’t be a FA until after next season, so the price won’t be a small one.

The price won’t be small, but it is probably worth giving up a lot of “maybe” for a solid guy at 1B for the next season and a half.

Not gunna lie, the thought of Vlad Jr. on this team gets me pretty excited… I’d far rather see a frontline starting pitcher if they’re going to trade the farm away though.

It would be amusing to snag Vlad Jr just to hear Yankee fans moaning.

1 Like

Can Vlad play 3b?