2024 Roster

S’more Schnapps for everybody!

1 Like

Everybody has been an asshole at certain times. I am certainly not immune. It’s the totality that matters and I’d say the majority of the time, the majority of this place are not assholes. We all get a bit assholeish from time to time. Especially when things are not going well for the good guys

2 Likes

I have said all I intend to say on this. You said what you said, and I replied. Glad to hear we met. I was a criminal defense attorney only because of federal appointments, but you may know my HS classmate/football teammate, Mike DeGeurin.

Generally, I leave new posters alone unless they are trolling as we recently experienced. Then my responses to trolling are not kind.

As to new posters generally, ask Jim, formerly of Idaho, how I am. The most recent recipient of my wrath was doing nothing but trying to piss posters off. That is trolling.

There seems to be a rash of true confessions here lately about assholery after my righteous indignation post. Not that it matters, but I think the confessors are wrong. None of my friends here qualify for that epithet.

If you deliberately tried to strike a nerve in me, shame on you.

2 Likes

I feel obligated to respond since I was mentioned.

When I joined, I came in full of piss n vinegar determined to “prove myself” and show everyone how great I was and how much Astro knowledge and great team building ideas I had.

Jim called me out and I am grateful for it.

The biggest difference between this new guy and me is that I accepted criticism and learned to operate within the guidelines the veterans of this site asked while he doubled down and got defensive.

That did not work out well.

5 Likes

You seem unable to hear me. And i respectfully decline your offer of shame. Got all i need. Suspect you do too, so keen to share.

1 Like

I’m not sure how someone expects to get treated when they come on an Astros message board only to bad mouth the character of an Astros player and bad mouth the character of probably the most respected poster on the forum. Jim tells it like it is. I like that. If the Clarks are too sensitive to hear the facts, move on.

4 Likes

If your skin is thin you probably don’t belong on any internet discussion board.

4 Likes

There are plenty of places on the internet where this is commonplace. r/astros on Reddit is a fucking disgrace.

1 Like

Was not asking you to accept anything.

1 Like

Fantastic! Good talk.

Not me. I’m a fucking delight!

3 Likes

A real fucking peach, you are.

I have people skills! I’m good at dealing with people! Can’t you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people??

10 Likes

“I take the posts, and I put them on the server”

“You physically take the posts, and put them on the server?”

“No, my secretary does that.”

1 Like

“It’s a jump to conclusions mat.”

Luis Contreras selected to 40 man and called up; Nick Hernandez to AAA; Javier to 60-day

1 Like

Who?

1 Like

Minor League free agent signee. Worked in short relief at Sugar Land with a WHIP under 1.00 and a BAA < .180.

Astros to promote Jake Bloss from AA to make his major league debut Friday according to reports from Rome and Rosenthal.

Bloss is a righty who between Asheville and Corpus is 4-2 with 1.74 ERA and 0.82 WHIP across 66 innings, 44 of which have been in CC. He’s been exclusively a starter in both locations with 12 starts total this season. He was drafted by the Astros in the 3rd round last year out of Georgetown.

1 Like

I wish the kid luck. That’s a tough lineup for a debut.

5 Likes