2024 Roster

Allow me to introduce you to Mr. Sherlock. He has no shit.

2 Likes

So is he now a loser?

1 Like

Dude. Just take your lumps and move on. Donā€™t keep trying to justify a dumbass statement. Admit it and do better. Youā€™ll get more respect that way. Most people here have said something stupid (especially in the GZ). I certainly have and I think my apologies actually carried weight here.

You would do yourself a giant favor by reading as many threads from start to finish as you can. You claim to be a regular on sports forums, so prove it. Or just go away and find the place that speaks your baseball language. Itā€™s pretty easy.

2 Likes

Good nugget in hereā€¦The GameZone is much more forgiving of emotional outbursts and hot takes than the TalkZone. It will also give you a much better primer on the various personalities of the board.

2 Likes

Troyā€™s a good guy, a good dad, a good Texan, a good cousin, a good Astros fan, and a good bloke for the ā€œWhat are you eatingā€ threadā€“especially in its current mode.

He and his son are also doing a whale of a job with an abandoned team in the Mihoba league.

It is my fervent hope that he and yā€™all donā€™t make things any more awkward for me than they have to be the next time I sidle up next to his grill at a family reunion begging a Shiner and a slice of brisket.

ETA: Of course I meant smoker.

6 Likes

If he had taken the time to read and experience the expanse of the board, heā€™d have realized that we have been extremely hard on Abreu, especially in the GZ. None of us have stooped to calling him a loser, though.

Guess Yanier is injured. Great.

Iā€™m glad to see Cesar back on the Astros, he has worked hard in Sugar Land this year. I hope this is because having a third catcher gives us more options at catcher, especially when both Caratini and Diaz are in the same game and not because Diaz will be out of action for a while.

Bregman has his average up to .237.

Hope that trend continues.

Nearly everyone here has been critical of Jose Abreu this season and Dana Brown and Joe Espadaā€™s insistence on playing him as much as they were early in the season. But, there is a big difference between saying a player lost the Astros the game and calling the player a loser. Ryan Pressly has played a big role in causing the Astros to lose mumerous late-inning leads, including one yesterday, but that doesnā€™t make him a loser.

1 Like

I propose that given Devinā€™s post we consider the matter closed and welcome Troy to the OWA family without prejudiceā€¦ as soon as he reveals his preferred method for smoking brisket.

This should of course include trimming technique, pre-smoke meat temp, binder/or no, rub proportions, fuel type, cook temp to/thru the stall, wrap or no wrap, goal temp, resting time, slicing knife, cutting board, thickness of slice and any special considerations the point gets over the flat.

After all who couldnā€™t find common ground in all of the above?

6 Likes

Espada says Yainerā€™s finger is sore but that heā€™s available off the bench tonight.

1 Like

Or we could ask him if he likes beans in his chili.

2 Likes

1 Like

Mctaggart doesnā€™t really report anything until the Astros say it, but nobody else has mentioned Salazar either so who knows

That foul Yainer took off his bare hand looked vicious.

I get it yā€™all are friends, and I think a lot of you. He has been nothing like a ā€œgood dudeā€ here. The ball is in his court whether he stays or gets banned. He is swimming upstream against a mighty strong current now.

Me, and no.

Hard for me to see how any hitter ā€œlosesā€ a game.

Exactly. Abreuā€™s performance has at least contributed to multiple losses, but it is hard to blame him for any one particular L. His missed opportunities sure add up though.

1 Like