2024 Roster

This is an encouraging comment to me. I love that the brain trust feels that strongly about some of the talent in the minors. Evidence of a continued disconnect between the actual state of the Astros minors pipeline and what the pundits think.

2 Likes

Rosenthal said today that the White Sox value him as a #1 starter, even though this is his first season in the rotation.

Canā€™t blame ā€˜em. Heā€™s been pitching like one lately.

Seeing some stuff about Trever Bauer throwing a bullpen today for the Astros.

I would find that to be unforgivable. I fucking hate that snivelling cocksucking piece of shit. If they sign him, I hope he gives up a home run on every fucking pitch he throws

10 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly. Along the same line, I hope Joe Mixon gets the ever-loving fucking shit knocked out of him and he fumbles every time he touches the football.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be shocked if that happens. I donā€™t think Crane is that desperate, and I donā€™t think the league would let him even if he wanted to.

Iā€™d rather see the Astros go 0-162 than win a WS with Bauer.

8 Likes

I would think so too, but if that were the case why scout a bullpen? They are at least considering it.

Not that Iā€™m watching much anyway, but Iā€™ll stop watching and rooting if Trevor Bauer becomes an Astro.

10 Likes

Let me speak plainly and clearly.

Fuck. Trevor. Bauer.

6 Likes

More realistically, the Astros likely would not win anything of substance with Bauer anyway (at least this year), which would be worse than either of your outcomes.

4 Likes

Youā€™d think someone would remember how Luhnowā€™s Osuna/Taubman move turned out.

5 Likes

Loperfido is back to replace Tucker

1 Like

There is absolutely no comparison between the two. None.

4 Likes

Well, thereā€™s that perception that both have treated women rather beastly.

Well, if you say all of that behavior has no degrees and is the same. I do not believe that. All of it is bad, but to me there are degrees.

1 Like

Agree that there are differences between Osuna and Bauerā€™s specific circumstances. Osuna seemed like a young kid brought up under different circumstances and culture who was contrite and who the Astros were helping grow. However, both are perceived as untouchable because of their behavior to women. Though Iā€™d like to believe that getting Osuna was all about giving second chances and redemption, Taubmanā€™s behavior revealed an underlying arrogance and win at all cost attitude of some under the Luhnow regime. If the Astros sign Bauer, thatā€™ll be the narrative, no matter the differences in degree.

1 Like

Well, Trevor Bauer was already a piece of shit that countless people wanted nothing to do with. And THEN we find about his legal troubles. Iā€™d rather Joe Kelly be an Astro and I fucking hate Joe Kelly, fucking weasel. Bauer is a top of the mountain asshole and baseball is a better sport without him.

9 Likes

Bregman flat hates Bauer. McCullers has been more civil, but has also clashed with him on social media.

Verlander is a very strong supporter of women and womenā€™s rights. Reportedly, he was very vocal against Osuna and refused to talk to him.

Signing Bauer would cause such discourse in the clubhouse that this team would have no chance to make a post season run. IMO.

And that does not even consider the fans and negatives outside of the organization.

8 Likes

Maybe they asked him to throw a bullpen just so they could not call him back.

6 Likes

This is the leap I hate so much.

1 Like