2024 Roster

I think he’s a very self-analytical guy.

Always thinking about his swing mechanics, studying pitchers/catchers, taking in everything the front office analytics guys give him. Tinkering in the cages.

Yes I think this is driving him crazy, and it would be in a non contract year too.

2 Likes

Corresponding move?

Nothing yet.

I’m assuming they DFA Singleton. But who knows.

Maybe Kessinger back to SL.

Someone has to come off the 40-man. And unless Loperfido can play SS, it needs to be either Abreu or Singleton.

2 Likes

Loperfido would be at least a slight upgrade over Singleton at SS.

2 Likes

At least he throws with the correct hand.

Oh I agree. But this year so far Kessinger has pitched in more games than he has played SS.

1 Like

To be fair, he isn’t on the roster to play SS. He’s on the roster because he CAN play SS

1 Like

I assume the plan is not for Peña to play every inning of the year.

No doubt, I guess he is the emergency catcher too.

But that’s where Dubon comes in.

1 Like

Well then, maybe they need a third first baseman.

No they need to DFA Singleton and get a third catcher.

1 Like

They don’t have a game until Tuesday evening, so don’t have to make an announcement until then.

W/ Cabbage, 2 must be removed from active roster. Trey is lkely gone, but IMO keeping him and bringing up Joey would be best for the team.

What I hope I don’t see is Joey brought up and Abreu and Singleton both still active.

I just don’t understand why Meyers hasn’t been playing despite being among the best position players on the field when he does.

It feels like they could DFA someone in AAA and demote Meyers so Joey can play CF.

It’s gotta be Singleton. It’d shock me if it was Abreu, but it’s not impossible.

1 Like

Getting rid of Meyers and keeping Singleton is beyond insanity.

8 Likes

I agree and it probably doesn’t happen.

I just can’t shake the feeling that there is some reason they are keeping Meyers on the bench and if its severe enough they may decide to replace him with a CF from Sugar Land.