2024 Roster

Good grief, this post nearly gave me an aneurysm.

I assume your “Matthews” is Meyers. Meyers and McCormick don’t really compete for playing time on this year’s roster… so there’s no need to “pull for” one over the other. And Meyers’ injury was almost 2 years ago, now. He was healthy last season, and the GM specifically said he would get the majority of CF starts this season.

Literally nobody (around here, anyway) is using Singleton’s past as a “rationale to kick him off the team.” Some don’t want him on the 2024 Astros roster because he is limited to 1B/DH, a premium offensive position (that he doesn’t defend particularly well), while hitting at a below-average clip… which is a waste of a roster spot.

Nobody cares about this. At all. But, 7-10 years ago, he smoked a LOT of weed (yes, CBD is a chemical in weed), and continued after he tested positive, while in the minors… MLB players aren’t even tested for it. None of this matters to the 2024 Astros.

4 Likes

We need a “dislike” button.

7 Likes

No, we need a trap door and a lock.

2 Likes

All we could afford were some Ill-tempered mutated sea bass.

2 Likes

In non-crazy talk, Cooper Hummel cleared waivers and was outrighted to AAA

2 Likes

Do they have frickin laser beams on their heads?

2 Likes

As did Wander Suero. But then the same thing happened a few days ago to Miguel Diaz, and he elected free agency (only to be re-signed to a MiLB deal by the Astros and re-assigned to Sugar Land.). Full of sound and fury and signifying very little.

Sharks!

Jets!

Stay! Cool! Go! Crazy!

1 Like
4 Likes

HH is gundy right?
Did I miss your hyperbole? If so, my bad.

HH is saying that 10 years ago it was apparent he couldn’t hit sufficiently well to hang around. Gundy is saying that nobody cares about his pot history. Two things can be true at the same time.

2 Likes

True.

Few people get the a second chance after “blowing it”.

He’s apparently not the same man now - grown up, has a family, and more that live for.

Hoping he can find it. It would be a great story for him to make it @ 31.

+++
How many have recovered from an injury like Meyers? That’s potentially another great story.

His character may be fully redeemed. However, he can’t hit. That’s why he has no business on a Major League baseball team. It has exactly zero to do with his “past” and everything to do with his complete inability to perform “now” and in the “future”.

5 Likes

… when you do “this”, I don’t know what “that” means

You know what would be a great story? If the Astros quit playing like dogshit and went on a 10 game winning streak. That would be a great story.

11 Likes

I once told a girl I’ll trade you one of “these” for two of “those”.

3 Likes

Silver tongued devil, you.

Chandler Rome reports the Astros are calling up Forrest Whitley. Never thought I’d see the day.

2 Likes