2024 Roster

As long as he knows how to love, he knows he’ll stay alive.

2 Likes

Should’ve changed that stupid lock.

I really want Singleton to succeed but I’m not seeing it. I guess the brain trust see something I don’t.

Yep – And Bennett Sousa to the IL (with McCullers to the 60-day to make room on the 40-man).

Here it is

3 Likes

Link to a legible version?

I didn’t see the Astros released the ones with graphics

Just a placeholder, buying time for his eventual replacement to get regular ABs in Sugarland.

Here’s a slightly more legible version:

1 Like

I saw Bryan Abreu suspended and said, “WTF??” Then I remembered and broke a chair.

1 Like

Now you’re suspended.

2 Likes

Be sure and use a bat, not your fist

Dylan Coleman joins the good guys tonight as JP France goes on paternity leave.

1 Like

Wasn’t sure where to put this, so I’ll leave it here.

Saw something on MLB network this morning that Astros starting pitching hasn’t given up a run in the last 22.1 innings.

1 Like

Didn’t France miss some time last year or year before on paternity leave? He needs to count to 9 better.

4 Likes

Astros starters have given up 6 earned runs in 42 innings for a 1.28ERA. And, given up zero runs in 5 of the first 7 games.

6 Likes

I thought his first was born just before he debuted.

Yes, that baby was still itty bitty for his first start last season.

Roster updates:

• Claimed RHP Miguel Diaz from Detroit. He’s headed straight for the major league bullpen.
  • Optioned Dylan Coleman back to AAA to make room for Diaz.
  • Claimed switch-hitting catcher/outfielder/1B Cooper Hummel from San Francisco. He’s seen MLB action in a couple of seasons but looks more like AAA depth than a replacement for Singleton.
  • Announced LHP Bennet Sousa is out for the season following surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome. Very tough break.
  • Transferred Luis Garcia and recently-claimed RHP Penn Murfee to the 60-day IL to make room for the newly claimed players on the 40-man.