2024 Roster

They have said that explicitly. That is not the question. The question is whether “soon” means this week and he opens the season in Sugar Land, or whether “soon” means when Kessenger comes off the IL in mid-April (or maybe after Kessenger gets back up to speed in a few AAA appearances). There would be some value (as well as some cost in terms of the service time clock) in letting Loperfido get done genuine MLB exposure.

1 Like

This is not a bad thing.

1 Like

I like your Plan #2

Jordan Montgomery to the D’Backs, so scratch off that option.

Damn sweet deal for ARZ too. Sounds like only a two year commitment. I’d like to have made a run at him for the same deal for sure.

ETA: at least he signed into the NL

1 Like

A year under Brent Strom may pay off for him in a big way.

1 Like

The NL West is going to be very competitive other than the Rockies. Once Arizona gets Eduardo Rodriguez back from his lat strain, they’ll have Gallen, Merrill Kelly, Montgomery and Eduardo Rodriguez. The Giants have Webb and Snell, and the Padres have Musgrove, Cease and Darvish, plus Tatis, Machado and Bogaerts.

Dodgers will probably still win the division, but folks who are talking about 110 wins are disrespecting those other teams.

3 Likes

Especially given that the Dodgers have a to of questions in that rotation.

2 Likes

They have Ohtani. I don’t why we’re even bothering to play the season.

1 Like

Not much real suspense this year, but when do rosters for tomorrow’s opener need to be finalized?

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but I think essentially first pitch. Obviously they won’t wait that long though

I assume that we’re now just on a regular clock (except for the LAD/SDP silliness dealt with earlier). Meaning that if you need to make a roster change, you need to make it today if you want to use the new player tomorrow. Ordinary lineup changes can be made up until (earliest) first pitch for the players involved.

2 Likes

Good for him, I’m happy to see that. He threw a great game last night.

2 Likes

Glad to see this. Hope he stays healthy and has a big season.

1 Like

Let’s hope we get ST/Winter ball Blanco in the regular season. What a game changer he could be for this team.

2 Likes

Very good news

2 Likes

Astros have claimed Penn Murfee off waivers from the Braves.

I guess that answers some questions about the middle of the bullpen. He pitched pretty well in April last year for Seattle before going on the IL with elbow inflamation. He came back up in early June, but must have rushed it; back on the IL within a week and moved to the 60-day in early July.

He earned plenty of frequent flier miles in the off-season – claimed off waivers by the sTem in October; claimed off waivers by the Braves in November where he elected free agency but later signed; waived again Monday to be claimed by the Astros.

ETA: He has not appeared this spring and looks to start the season on the IL; still recovering from UCL surgery last summer.

Julks optioned to Sugar Land. Singleton survives.