2024 Roster

Saw that Hader is official today. That deserves a fuck yeah!!

4 Likes

Did you see/hear the press conference?? One of the first questions Hader was asked…

“Did you sign to be the closer?”

Hader’s response…

“I signed to win games.”

Hell yes!!! That got my chili hot!!

8 Likes

Perfect answer. I love the Golden Age. I hope it last forever.

8 Likes

McTaggart shared a bunch of similar quotes from Hader on his X account. Here are two of them:

https://x.com/brianmctaggart/status/1749555398464651421?s=46&t=J8i7q0F51Y4-d7E78YpG0Q

https://x.com/brianmctaggart/status/1749556723168473239?s=46&t=J8i7q0F51Y4-d7E78YpG0Q

Also, the Astros’ brass had conversations with Ryan Pressly before the Astros signed Hader. See quotes below from this article by Brian McTaggart: Astros brass discusses addition of Josh Hader.

“I think Pressly’s been outstanding for this organization as the closer,” Brown said. “He’s been outstanding in the postseason. I think it’s very important that you be a professional and that you loop players in when you’re making moves.”

“Pressly is a pro,” Espada said. “He really wants to win. He’s a team guy. He’s all in. We had an opportunity to improve the team and he said, ‘Why not, if this guy can make us better?’ We made him aware and he’s excited about the fact we added Hader to the team.”

Apparently not. Matt Gage was just DFA’d.

60 day becomes a thing once the season begins.

At the end of every season, players on the 60-day DL get activated. As a consequence, they occupy spots on 40-man rosters. And then around the start of every spring training, players get placed on the 60-day DL, as it’s again made available.

Fangraphs explains

1 Like

That is what I thought when I posted the original question, but I was too lazy to look it up.

I think I mentioned only additional tax once you’ve gone over the threshold?

If they stay pat, would like to see Alvarez get the majority of starts in LF and McCormick get the most starts in CF.

Then who do you want at DH?

I thought Diaz was supposed to DH and play first when he’s not catching?

And if he’s catching most days, who’s DH’ing? Better not be Singleton or Meyers.

1 Like

Singleton can catch in between innings when Diaz is moving between catcher and first base. Meyers can pinch run for the catcher on foul pop ups.

4 Likes

This new learning amazes me! Tell me again how Bagwell can play third by learning to throw left handed…

1 Like

Abreu’s bat is more valuable at shortstop!

2 Likes

Alverez when he’s not playing LF. I can see McCormick moving to LF for a lot of games also Julks. But I’d like to see Alvarez get more starts in LF than he does as a DH.

I like Julks as a person, and I’d like to see him do well, but I’m not sure how many at bats I’d want to see him get.

2 Likes

I’m hoping Meyers has a great ST

2 Likes