2024 Roster

You don’t pay Josh Hader 5 years, $95 million if you aren’t having him usually get the last three outs. I expect he closes most games. The exceptions would be rest and possibly working the seventh or eighth inning if a team has dangerous left-handed bats due up in a big spot.

It’s Joe Espada’s job to lay out the roles and expectations for the players. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Pressly was informed this might be a possibility and asked if he was good with it before they struck the deal.

Hader will be closer for the regular season, Pressly gets the closer job if the Astro make the post season.

I would be shocked if this wasn’t all discussed and worked out before the deal was agreed to.

Pressly is an all star veteran team leader. He doesn’t get a say in personnel decisions but you certainly discuss it with him before bringing in someone at his position.

1 Like

Can Graveman go to the 60 yet?

FIFY

As did i

1 Like

It is such a blessing to have an owner that is committed to winning like Crane:

https://x.com/brianmctaggart/status/1748459591615037744?s=46&t=J8i7q0F51Y4-d7E78YpG0Q

7 Likes

The “closer” spot has turned into the “leverage” spot and expanded to cover multiple innings over the course of the last several years.

Its like the RB spot in the NFL.

It takes a village which is why the Astros needed another high impact RP.

162 games and Pressly pitched in 65 of them last year.

1 Like

Big Veruca Salt energy on that first reply

1 Like

The band or the bratty kid?

Yep. Being a spoiled brat is never a good look.

Obviously, the bratty kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I forgot about the band

2 Likes

I seem to remember them having a couple of good songs

Yes.

Exactly the reason we all liked Neris.

4 Likes

I thought about going with “36 presents?! 36?!?! Last year I had 37!”

2 Likes

Seether and Volcano Girls.

1 Like

Let’s go get Snell next.

1 Like

Seether!

Josh Hader gives the Astros a three headed monster to close out games, so I thought it appropriate to drink a Third Man in his honor.

I also wanted a drink.

8 Likes