2024 Roster

Yes, edited for brain fart

I just need 100 guys with a WAR of 1.0, and I’ll win the damn pennant!

Exactly!

Would you rather fight 1 Ohtani or 100 Dubons?

That’s what I thought!

If Royce Lewis could stay healthy, he might be the best of the bunch.

1 Like

A. It is not a gang fight. Only one guy at bat (or on the mound) at a time.

B. They can only have 25 in the gang anyway.

These kinds of posts make my eyes glaze over.

2 Likes

And if Biggio could have laid off the slider low and away, he might have broken Rose’s record.

3 Likes

I was wondering if I was the only one.

Okay, sure. But how is avoiding injury comparable to avoiding low and away.

I included “role” for a reason.

If you don’t think the club’s expectation of Alex is to produce runs on par with MVP candidates then we’ll just have to disagree.

(Again, from 2020 onward I estimate that he’s just below that).

1 Like

Injury tendency is an inherent “skill”. You can do things to manage it, to improve it, but your baseline is your baseline. Some guys just always get hurt.

I did not realize someone had him on their ballot in 2022.

He’s 24 and has his whole career ahead of him. Biggio will never have a MLB at bat again.

They did, but they had their voting privileges rescinded after it was discovered.

nevermind

Morosi reports the Astros “have discussed OF Jake Meyers in trade talks with multiple teams in recent weeks.”

No surprise there.

I like Jake, and wish he would hit enough to play more. But he just hasn’t. Maybe he’s one of those guys where a change of scenery would do him good and give him a chance to be a player.

3 Likes

I’m always going to wonder if and how much the shoulder injury in the playoffs may have changed the trajectory of his career.

Kinda reminds me of the smallish lefty that came up around the same time as Oswalt, Miller and Redding. Carlos Hernandez maybe? He seemed to be on the verge of great things and then he injured his damn shoulder diving back into second base on a pickoff attempt of all things. Ugh. He was never the same.

6 Likes

Yes, Hernandez. I was really excited for him as well. To this day I cringe when guys dive back into bases. I guess one positive about the DH is that it keeps inexperienced baserunners off the bases.

1 Like