Elvis needs boats

3 Likes

Son of a bitch.

2 Likes

the sailing Elvis

1 Like

Oh man. That one really hurts. Mojo has left the building

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with his work, but his band’s tour rider is doing the social media rounds. Appears to be legit.

2 Likes

I have not seen the actual document but I can tell you that every show of his I was involved in did provide the items described.

3 Likes

Nixon co-wrote (with Country Dick Montana of the Beat Farmers) “Tie My Pecker To My Leg”, the dirtiest song I’ve ever heard. It was a staple of almost all his live shows. He was a certifiable rock n roll madman. He will be missed.

4 Likes

“Country Dick” sounds like some sort of unfortunate ailment.

The Beat Farmers were another outSTANDing, fun-loving party band, and Country Dick was also a well-known cow-punk madman. He died onstage during a live performance of “The Girl I Almost Married”.

Casey Candaele said the Beat Farmers were the Unofficial Band of the early 90s Astros, if that tells you anything.

7 Likes

Just for you Limey (Country Dick is on drums):

The Beat Farmers - Gun Sale at the Church (youtube.com)

2 Likes

Beat Farmers were great.

1 Like

“Mojo like loud”

I actually have two tracks by The Beat Farmers in my music collection: “Baby’s Liquored Up” and “Gettin’ Drunk”. It’s only a small sample, but I sense a pattern.

The “why” is that they were on the soundtrack to the hilarious game “Redneck Rampage”. Yes, I loved the game so much I bought the soundtrack. On CD.

ETA: Here’s the full track listing

Mojo Nixon | UFOs, Big Rigs & BBQ
The Beat Farmers | Baby’s Liquored Up
The Reverend Horton Heat | Nurture My Pig
Cement Pond | Trash Can
The Beat Farmers | Gettin’ Drunk
The Reverend Horton Heat | Wiggle Stick
Cement Pond | Vixen
Mojo Nixon | You Can’t Kill Me

2 Likes

Don Henley Must Die was on MTV a lot. Great song. And Mojo gets a shout out in the Dead Milkmen’s Punk Rock Girl

2 Likes

Once at the Hole in the Wall in Austin, Don Henley jumped on stage to sing that song along with Mojo. One of those classic moments etched in Austin music history.

3 Likes

I love the story of Mojo performing Don Henley Must Die at a club in Austin and Henley himself jumping up on stage to sing along. Nixon said that took “balls as big as church bells”.

Other Nixon classics: “Stuffin Martha’s Muffin”, “Debbie Gibson Is Pregnant With My Two-Headed Love Child”, “I Hate Banks”, and “She’s Vibrator Dependent”. I celebrate the man’s entire catalogue.

2 Likes

That club you speak of is probably not a lot larger than your living room. I know at least a couple of people who were there, but it holds around 75 in that front room and as Mojo had said, at least 5000 claim to have been there that night.

That’s pretty typical. A few years ago on the anniversary of Hank Aaron’s 715th home run, the Atlanta newspaper did a poll asking who was there that night. Something like a million people claimed to have been in the stadium that night.

1 Like