2024 Dead Pool

I want Les Nessman to make the announcement.

4 Likes

I once attended a Senior PGA event where Chi Chi played. My golfing buddies and I followed him for awhile. He used a tee the size of a railroad spike and his swing was a lengthy series of seemingly unrelated leg, hip, arm, shoulder, and head movements that somehow culminated with the club head coming into contact with the golf ball. The golf ball would then usually fly down the middle of the fairway.

After one tee shot, my buddy, who is the best golfer among us and has a grooved “country club” swing, stepped out in view of the players and said “You gotta be kidding me, Cheech! How do you do it?!”. Chi Chi just laughed, walked up to him and patted his shoulder, laughed again and walked on down the fairway.

2 Likes

Earlier in my career, the Senior PGA event in Birmingham had Chi Chi put on a clinic for “underprivaledge kids” I took one of the boys in foster care to the event. Chi Chi put on a show!

The former foster youth and I are still in contact (he is in jail) - In one of his letters to me he told still remembers that day. That was close to 30 years ago. Chi Chi made an impact on anyone who came in contact with him.

3 Likes

Apparently not enough

Mike Cubbage

1 Like

Crazy.

Details expected in a PC later today.

1 Like

Basically the (two) doctors and others acting as dealers and pushers, preying on Perry due to his struggles with addiction.

1 Like

Sympathy level for those scumbags is … undetectable.

4 Likes

He seems to have been a great guy.

1 Like

Greg Kihn. 75, Alzheimer’s.

He did a cameo in the video for Weird Al’s ‘I Lost on Jeopardy’. That speaks well of him in my book.

5 Likes

By all accounts I’ve read, Kihn was a really good dude. Joe Satriani briefly played in the Greg Kihn Band when he was pretty much broke and couldn’t finance the record he was wanting to make and no one would give him the time of day. Kihn said “look, I know this isn’t your thing, but come play with us for a bit and put some money in your pocket to finish your record”. Satriani has said Kihn was very generous, and he was always grateful for it to help him get his career going.

8 Likes

He had great pop sensibilities combined with a bit of humor, but never sounded overtly commercial or came off as a novelty act.

1 Like

Our Love’s in Jeopardy is a great song/video, and I’m about to listen to it for the first time in a while

This was an absolutely terrible idea.

Song’s been stuck in my head for a week.

3 Likes

Phil Donahue, 88.

“Is the caller there?”

3 Likes
2 Likes

I have no idea who that is but she is very pretty

Come on, man.

Free to Be... You and Me - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Marlo Thomas? You never heard of her?

1 Like

That Girl!!

1 Like

And I got shit for not knowing DJ Screw…

2 Likes